dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: going out of my mind....(distorted shapes)

going out of my mind....(distorted shapes)

Ok I have spent all morning trying to fix this, so I really, really hope someone knows how to do it.

what I need to create is a crescent shape with a gradient fill.

tried taking a gradient filled circle, and distorting it. You can skew it, but not really distort it. Using things like envelope correctly changes the shape, but the gradient doesn't change (so you end up with the circular gradient fill in a strange shape)

so i thought freehand. well maybe you can do it in this app but I couldn't.

ditto adobe illustrator.

Any advice would be very gratefully received. Ta.

I would use either Flash or Photoshop, but the process would be similar in both. Fill a circle and set up the gradient on one side of the circle as you want it to be in the crescent. Then use either a circular selection (Photoshop) or another circle (Flash) to cut a crescent shape out of the circle. If you use Flash you can even modify the shape and placement of the fill afterwards.

Maybe I'm not fully understanding what you want to do, but this should be pretty simple. Let me know if you are still not getting the results you want.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

Unless I am missing something truly obvious, this isn't as easy as it first seems. I'm attaching a fla, the first shape is the kind of gradient I'd like. (A circle with one of its axes really squeezed down) I then want it to bend (kind a crescent shape). The shape to the far right is what i get if i use the gradient fill on my crescent shape.

Take a look at the attached .FLA and let me know if that is what you are looking for. If not, I guess I just don't know exactly what you are trying to achieve.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..