A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Launching and closing exe

Launching and closing exe

Hello everyone.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible:

I want to launch an application (no biggie, just do a fscommand("exec",...)).
    From there i want the projector to stop at all, (basically just going to a certain frame and do nothing, including no playing sound. (no problem here as well).

Now i need that the projector starts "playing" when the users quits the program, but i don't know if it's possible, and to do it, i.e. flash detecting that the exe have been closed and the starts playing normally.
    The problem is that i cannot quit the projector as he launches the exe, and start again when the exe quits, because the user must do some actions in the projector, and he cannot do it again.

This is necessary because the exe needs a lot of cpu to run, and cannot get slow, and as we all know flash eats some resources.

Thanks in advance
    Joao

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    SWF Studio (www.northcode.com) allows you to do this easily. You just drag and drop your EXE file into the Layout and select the "Wait for application to finish (pause SWF playback)" option. When you run this application, SWF Studio will pause your Flash movie (the main timeline, not all running movie clips) until the EXE is finished.

Thanks for the sugestion mate...

I'll give it a try.
    João