A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Movie Levels

Movie Levels

Hi,

I created a site that uses about 7 different movie levels. The project was completed, and now the client wants the flash movie to appear in a window without a browser title bar. I created a popup window for it, with everything shut off, but the title bar (which of course needs to be there so you can close the window). I need to create the title bar in flash with its own close window action, but the main problem is the movie levels. I have all my levels defined and communicating with each other. It would be a nightmare to recode everything. So to the point: I was wondering if there is a way to create a flash movie at LEVEL 0 that loads another flash movie with all its levels and references intact. So it would have to take a whole other level structure (which already uses levels 0-7) and load that in so it would be a draggable window. Hopefully this makes sense to someone, but basically, the only work around I could figure out was to load a blank flash background that loads initially and then loads the main flash file in a draggable window with its customized border and close button. That's the only workaround I could figure out. This needs to work on Mac and PC. I tried using the Chromeless Window (which opens a browser window without the title bar), but it does not work on Mac. Thanks!

Try to make your whole Flash movie into a movie clip....

Manojo

movie clip

That would be more work than trying to code the targets again! That's a way too easy answer without considering anything.