A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lil Preloader help

http://home.comcast.net/~a.condrea/please.html

HALLELUJAH.... you know how much sleep I've lost over this dumb little technicality? Funny thing is... it's not even for my site, it's for my friend's.

My next question is: what if I don't want to use the html that is provided when published and I want to put it on my own html page.

ok heres what i want you to do old newbie.

1. Start at this page.

2. clear your cache

3. click on the link you provided

does the preloader work?

it doesnt from my end.

now with the .swf link that you provided still open clear your cache again

then hit refresh and now it works.

Does this just happen on my PC, or does the preloader work both ways on your PC

Banned
    Sorry to hit you with this... But the html bit makes no difference. Your present link still freezes up I bet between frame 96 and 104 of your Scene 2.

You should be able to use any HTML page, I think the only problem was loading the swf directly.

Thanks again guys

Oldnewbie,

I am telling you in internet explorer, opening the swf directly causes the preloader not to work. Follow the steps i told you and you will see. Also, I see no problems in his most current link.

Banned
    Nah! My link to either my html or directly to the my .swf works fine on both my cable connection and my old 56k dial-up... I am allways checking on both!

I repeat the html has got nothing to do with this!

man, i am telling you, post another thread and ask plp to go to that .swf link and reply if the preloader is working. Anyone using IE will tell you it does not work.

Banned
    Wrong again! Referring to that last link... The preloader seems to be working, but it's just playing through, because there's no stop action on that loader clip! One other error in this brillant script!
    So the preloader plays, and then sets Scene 2 in motion, but the picture then freezes. After a while it should (as it does on my link), move back and then the movie cycles through the other clips in the same manner. I don't see that happening on this last link.
    The movie freezes around frame 100, as you told it to do with your faulty tellTarget bit!

Banned
    I'm on IE5.5 and you?

I am on IE 6.0 it must be a problem with that. Cause I am telling you it is happening

The thing is I in the fla he gave to us the movies were not working in scene2. Is that what you are talking about when you say freezes?

oldnewbie, what would you recommend I change the script to then? The newest one seems to work fine for me

Banned
    Yes IE6.0 is the problem most likely... That's why I'm still on 5.5! Works wonders!
    In any case, I would never myself set a direct link to a .swf, that was just to make a demonstration that obviously failed in your case.
    Are you now saying it also fails in the html link?

As for the freezes... No! I've used his .fla, and although the videos do not in fact play, each small screen in turns slides down, should play in the original movie, and then slides back up so that the next clip can do the same thing. Check my html link, and just wait for a while after the first car video freezes... At one point it will move back up, and the next top clip will take it's place... And so fourth. And all of these mouvements are in his .fla.
    That's not happening on his last link... The car video freezes and just lies there... I'm still staring at it in another window, it hasn't moved in the last half hour!

Banned
    DC5 Master...
    Are you saying your link works?
    Do all of those top clips move down in turn?
    And have you cleared your cache each time.

If you PM me an address, I can e-mail my version's .fla to you. Can't attach here, it's too large... Unless I try to zip it up, but it may not make it.
    Last edited by oldnewbie; 08-20-2003 at 12:03 AM.

Banned
    "...And no one dare disturb the sound of silence."
    Simon & Garfunkel.

Banned
    And what's the code on this new one?

http://home.comcast.net/~a.condrea/please.html

it's just the old one, tweaked to treylock specifications