A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: New Animation Exchange

5 time olympic gold medalist fiddlestick5's Avatar
    Amazing, 28810 minutes and not a single post...

Well, I updated my sketchapades... Not sure by how many seconds, but a good 200k. The song's different... but that's not important.

http://members.cox.net/toastybuns/temp/sketchapade.html

thats awesome man... You add alot of depth to your drawings! I love the angle changes!!!
    The New Guy.

Hey all! Sorry I havn't posted in awhile. I got a job working on this cartoon project at a Christian Camp I go to. Anyways it just got posted online so if you want to check it out go to http://www.campgloryland.com . Then go to "Fun Stuff". It's about 13 minutes long and took me roughly 3 months to complete. It still cracks me up when I watch it, so check it out! Later guys.

- Jason
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Teh Helpist

Stairway backwards

Dude, I looked up stairway backwards... your original song, thats crazy. heres the lyrics:
    oh heres to my sweet satan. the one whose lkittle path would make me sad, whose power is satan. He'll give you give you 666, there was a little toolshed where he made us suffer, sad satan
    If you play that certain part you had backwards and read this it will fit perfect. PLEASE put that other song back on!

U'm like how do I?

How do I post a aniamtion or a picture and make it where you don't have to download it just its there on the page.?

THANX,
    David_da_bomb

Thanks mp, most of them are unused animation scraps that I tied together with transitions... so it made for supa cool angle changes.

to quinners - yeah, I got that off of: http://www2.memlane.com/jmilner/stairwaybackwards.htm

As for the song change, the animation grew too long for the song, and the sound break kind of took away from it... I'll see what I can whip out in cool edit though... maybe I can use it and tie in a seemless transition.

Teh Helpist
    I can give u stairway full song then u could flip it around in cool edit and stick it in there. You could have it fade in a little before the part where the song says things backwards and have it play it to the end from there. Ya thats where I saw stairway backwards too. Sorry if my posts seem less grammatical im trying to wirt with one hand because my other hand is broken.
    Last edited by quinners3; 07-01-2004 at 12:24 AM.

Re: U'm like how do I?

Originally posted by David_da_bomb
    How do I post a aniamtion or a picture and make it where you don't have to download it just its there on the page.?
    For images and animated gif files put the full address of the image in between [img ] [/ img] without the spaces.
    When you post there should be a button with 'IMG' written on it, press that if you're unsure
    As for flash animations you can't post them directly in your post anymore, something to do with cookies and security issues.

Quinners I hope you hand gets better soon mate!
    - I made this!
    http://www.okkle.co.uk - creatures, art, animation and toys!
    Toilet Trumps

tee hee gotta love little frame by frame loops. Check mine out, this is a great thread.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/8212054/
    Foot...errr.

Nice job on the bones. yeah, fbf ani's isbeare awesome.

http://members.cox.net/toastybuns/temp/leaper.swf

That there is the workings of a new leaping gunman ani.. in this he's taking on an army of impian warriors... I just thought it'd be... ummm... fun to post one of my animation's in the rough... This is what most of my animations look like within the first half hour of production..

quinners: It's not your drawing hand... is it? also, I'm taking your advice, though I've yet to post it.

Teh Helpist
    Hand's better! And no, it wasn't my drawing hand.... but I don't do any real fbf anyway so it wouldn't matter to much. Gives me some inspiration seeing ur rough anim though fiddlesticks... I've always tried drawing each frame final the first time. Lets see what comes out of this...

hello all, im kinda new to this animation thing, i made a little cartoon today which is basically my first try really (apart from the actual jelephant movieclip which i had done about a week or so ago, thanks pooon for the wobblyness ) Theres not a lot of sound in it becasue the loop i put in kept repeating over itself and i dont know how to stop it anywho heres the link. Jelephant

The red elephant makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quinner: yeah, that's pretty much how most of my ani's start off- the one I last posted has evolved into quite the animation... but I've sort of been slow on progress.

I've been revising liny- my progress is slow, but the results look promising... even if I don't finish it- I can still use what I have as a website intro or something... I dunno.

The music's from the requiem for a dream soundtrack.

http://members.cox.net/toastybuns/LI...SED/linyR.html

edit: Note: It 'flashes' near the end because some inbetween frames are yet to be finished... as is most of the ani. (progress SLOW)
    Last edited by fiddlestick5; 07-23-2004 at 01:53 PM.

Legendary Sanin
    Whoa! Fiddlesticks, Your animations are really really cool!!!!! Have u ever tried to participate in festivals or such?

The only thing I dislike about those last one, is that they are so fast for our eyes to follow, and depending on how much focus the viewers puts into the presentation, might get them under serious risk of epilletic attack... Gotta try to blink many times while watching those. ;P
    (Ah! Mother Land!)
    |/

Thanks, nah, no festivals... maybe someday I'll compile my animations in to one long coherent piece, but I'm far to lazy to get serious about it (and am even thinking of giving it up)... though, if I end up completing this one, I probably will.

yeah the first part was actually suppose to be fast, kind of like a fast forward through the animation I was revising- so since I'm converting it to 24 frames and giving it slow motion and the likes- making the first part coherent would give the animation a sort of redundancy.

the flashing's the result of separated frames... it's sort of a technique I have- I draw out some frames, separate them, draw in-between, separate them, draw in-between... and so on. And that's just sort of the unfinished beginnings of an animation I'll probably never complete.

Teh Helpist
    So you increased the fps for this new version? Interesting way of splitting frames... I'll have to try that out too.

Yeah, it's a pretty handy technique, I managed to turn 10 frames into 190... only problem is it's tedius and kind of causes you to lose interest in your animation...

...I should really get to work on it.

Here's what I've done so far on that leapinggunam2 thing i posted a while back in the rough...

http://members.cox.net/toastybuns/temp/leap2.html

It's been like this for weeks... I'll probably get back to work on it eventually, but this is what I've got so far.

cool. that guy gets around.

Teh Helpist
    Long time no see but I have to say that that new animation you have there is simply amazing. How it zooms in close for a vector-3d feel. I would have guessed that that came out of swift! Did you trace or something?! It's great!