A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: i read the 'sticky' but still have a prob

i read the 'sticky' but still have a prob

hi
    i read the sticky about clear fonts (very helpful it is too) but i still have a problem

I'm using the FFF harmony font in a large dynamic text box (270 x 200) - it's positioned with integers and the clip it's in is positioned with integers, too.

However, some areas of text within the text box are blurry. If i gradually increment the _x position of the text box (in 0.1 pixel steps) the parts of the text that are clear change and other areas become blurry

do you know what could be causing this?

thanks for any help

Bob

here's a screen shot of two different parts of the text box - the left is ok but the right is not on the pixel grid (this is at 800% with the pixel snap grid)
    Attached Images Attached Images

I hope youve set its co-ordinates to a rounded integer. For eg if its coordinates is 1.4 make it 1.0. If its inside a movie clip see that the clips position is on a rounded coordinate.
    See that you have not set the text to align in the middle.
    Do not format it in bold or italic.

Another remedy is to open the info window (window>info or hit ctrl+i)then select the text
    and set the origin to the upper left corner
    if it still does'nt work feel free to PM me or post here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey there....

Simply email us your file and we'll fix it for you

support@fontsforflash.com

well ... thanks for the suggestions mxKidz, i tried them all and that didn't work, unfortunately

I also tried to email it to support@fontsforflash.com but it just came back to me :-(

so, i'll post the fla on here (i had to remove the background image to make the file size smaller) - it's MX format for PC

if you'd be so kind as to have a look

thanks!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hmm align left with matching pt?

I don't have mx so I can't investigate it.

Dont worry frets ill take a look at it.

Bob_hopeless I have checked the file. This is a strange problem but the only way i could fix it its to copy and paste the pixel text out of the movie clip. Take a look below.

mxkidz - thanks for looking at it

unfortunately, when i downloaded and opened the fla file it showed up as an empty file (like when you select "new" in the Files menu) - something went wrong - i'm beginning to think that this is a cursed file

Bob

What is FFF doing about it?
    Did you send this file to them?

i don't know ...

tried to send it as an attached file to the mail addy above but it was returned each time so i've sent them a mail from their site asking them to have a look at this thread and DL the file.

I don't actually think it's a problem with the FFF font because it does the same thing with other pixel fonts, but they might have an idea what the problem is. I'll post their reply on here.

Bob

Yes when i checked your file i saw that the font was crips and some parts were blurred i tried everything and then i cut the text and pasted it out side the movie clip to the main stage and it looked fine.

tha gives me an idea

i opened the file again, copied the text and deleted the existing text box
    i then clicked outside the main stage with the text tool and pasted the text in - it was all in one long line
    i then selected it to get the handle and dragged it back so the text split itself up into different lines and then positioned it on the stage with whole numbers and it worked !!!

thanks so much for putting me on the right track - i'd buy you a beer if i lived in India

cheers
    Bob

I love happy endings.

Its okay beer in India is cheap Plus im 16 and i can buy it without an ID.