A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: My first site EVER

My first site EVER

I just bought Flash and Dreamweaver 30 min ago, opened them up, and while I was eating my lunch this is what I was able to throw together... I'd also like to mention that I cannot see or hear out of my left eye OR ear... and one of my legs is shorter than the other so I continually walk in circles.

(hehe.. )

Seriously... If I could get a few comments on this site that would be great. The site is alpha right now and in stage 1 of a 6 stage process to completion. That being said I'd like comments concerning the aethetics, visual appeal, functionality, layout, design etc. that will help me to IMPROVE on the site.

The site works in 800 x 600 and is designed for 1024 x 768.

Praise is ALWAYS welcome of course but if you find something that really kind of bugs you constructive critism is great.

http://silversaturn.net

I consider logo creation and logo design to be my weakest point... if I could get positive of negative feedback on this logo that would be great too so I know whether to keep it or not.

http://silversaturn.net/logo.htm

Thanks again.

- youschmuck -

doh!

13 views and no comments.. that's either really good.. or really bad...

I think it looks good. Can I ask a few questions

What program did you make the buttons in? photoshop?

I'm just curious as to how you put it all together (you know, the way all the buttons at the top interconnect at different angles. I have always been curious about this sort of thing.

Once again, I think the site looks professional.

Good luck and if you can answer my questions that would be great.

The logo looks very good to be honest.

Thanks

Originally posted by mal pacino

What program did you make the buttons in? photoshop?
    Mal.. THANKS for your input.. it IS appreciated.

This site was created using Fireworks, Photoshop, Swift3d, Flash, Dreamweaver, and Illustrator.

The buttons and interface were mainly created in photoshop. Obviously I've used styles to give the visual effect. If you have no experience with styles you should consider buying a photoshop book (I have photoshop 6 wow book)...the styles typically suck.. BUT.. when you go in an tweek them you get a good understanding of how styles work and can create your own good ones.

The logo was created in photoshop and swift 3d.

Thanks.

Let me know if you have any other questions... (goes for everyone)... still looking for more comments though!

Thanks again.

- youschmuck -

ok, very good start......my thoughts are get rid of the drop shadows on the images under current promotions. And also to add some text headers or sub headers to the text. What I mean is under "complete web presence" you could put in a little larger of a font Get a complete site from us. Then have the remaining text The best deal on the web....continue on. The text to me looks out of place and doesn't really grab your attention. Another possibility is to just put an image in the section. I guess what I am trying to say is it looks to plain. Nice start and I think you are on to something.

wd

Thanks

wdperson,

First off, THANKS... very good critism!

I couldn't agree more with your assessment.. the bottom is too bland and future builds will "liven" it up a bit.

Thanks again!

- youschmuck -