A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Blurred Text? A possible fix for you... Tip!

Blurred Text? A possible fix for you... Tip!

I've been using Arial fonts at various sizes, from 9, to 12 pt. and they come out blurred most of the time. Sometimes they are clear, usually with one line static boxes set to whole number x and y, and top left register and all the usual fixes, but multi line boxes get blurred, no matter what I try. It seems that the further away from the registration point you get, the more blur shows up. So, I've been experimenting.

I found the magical world of creatTextField. Using Arial at any size seems to come out very crisp and clear, I don't need to build a text field of any kind, it's all done with code, and amazingly, it's simple and it works. One added benefit is that when the selectable property is set, the text will scroll on it's own, with the mouse dragging it or the up down keys, if the box size is smaller than the amount of text going in it.

It's really quite simple. Get this MX fla and check it out. It uses htmlText options and is commented. There are a number of other properties that can be added but are not in this fla. If anyone is interested in working out more options with this, maybe we can get this thread going to work thru them. This is a start.
    Attached Files Attached Files

can you post a sample swf? (cheap boss hasnt given me flash yet)

Sure. This is the swf from the fla I posted above. This same text was very blurred as static text. The quality difference is obvious.
    Attached Files Attached Files