A Flash Developer Resource Site

Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Photoshop Transform Middle Point

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001

    Photoshop Transform Middle Point

    Does anyone know how to only move the Middle point in photoshop?

    for example: You have a square and when you do a transform action on it it makes 8 points (3 on top, 3 on bottom and 1 on each side. Now everytime I use ctl or alt I can only transform the points on the edges. I need to transform only the middle one on the top and bottom, to make somewhat of a triangle shape.

    Any suggestions?


  2. #2
    Senior Member em_city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    I know you can move the middle point around just by click/dragging it. You might want to try using the distort option under the transform menu. This gives you more freedom in distortion. Hope That helps.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001


    Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it, but distorting it doesn't do what I need it to. I just can't seem to figure this out.


  4. #4
    Are you trying to transform an existing image or do you simply want to create a geometric shape (what shape do you ultimately want to end up with?).

  5. #5
    Senior Member RUSHVision's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Pacific Northwest
    If you want to turn a square into a triangle, hit Ctrl+T to go into transform mode then right-click and choose Perspective. Next hold down the Shift key while dragging one of the upper corners towards the center. To make a perfect triangle let go when all three boxes (the control points) line up.

    > .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

HTML5 Development Center