A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Photoshop Transform Middle Point

Photoshop Transform Middle Point

Does anyone know how to only move the Middle point in photoshop?

for example: You have a square and when you do a transform action on it it makes 8 points (3 on top, 3 on bottom and 1 on each side. Now everytime I use ctl or alt I can only transform the points on the edges. I need to transform only the middle one on the top and bottom, to make somewhat of a triangle shape.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I know you can move the middle point around just by click/dragging it. You might want to try using the distort option under the transform menu. This gives you more freedom in distortion. Hope That helps.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it, but distorting it doesn't do what I need it to. I just can't seem to figure this out.

Thanks

Are you trying to transform an existing image or do you simply want to create a geometric shape (what shape do you ultimately want to end up with?).

If you want to turn a square into a triangle, hit Ctrl+T to go into transform mode then right-click and choose Perspective. Next hold down the Shift key while dragging one of the upper corners towards the center. To make a perfect triangle let go when all three boxes (the control points) line up.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..