A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: _visible = true/false ??

_visible = true/false ??

i'm making a fps where u have 2 shoot the enemy more than once 2 kill em. the way i did this was to make a movie clip of him and everytime tha button over the clip was pressed (shot), it would go2 the next frame with a different pic of the enemy (one of him w/ a bullet in his head). i also wanted to put a health bar over each enemy so u culd c how may more times u wuld have 2 shoot him 2 have him dead. but after i put them in the whole screen was 2 crowded. so now my idea was 2 only show the health of the enemy that ur mouse was over. what i did was to put in the health bars code(movie clip):

Onclipevent (load) {
    _visible = false;
    }

In the button that tell the enemy to advance 2 the next frame, i put the code(ehealth = enemy health bar{instance name}):

On (rollOver) {
    ehealth = _visible = "true"
    }

but that didnt work. then i tried:

On (rollOver) {
    var ehealth
    _visible = "true"
    }

didnt work either
    i'm confused about it. i know i have to use set variable 2 change the visiblity from false to true, but i cant figure owt how 2 tell (in the code) what thing 2 turn from false to true. ?? does anyone know how to solve this ??
    cant nobody take my pride, cant nobody hold me down; Oh No, i gotta keep on movin'

<^>(0_o)<^>

(8^)1-<

Hmmm, I think this is going to confuse the flashplayer:

Onclipevent (load) {
    _visible = false;
    }

Not seeing the movie, it's hard to tell, but you might want to put that in the first frame:

_root.ehralth._visible = false;//no "" marks

You can also use _visible = 0; for false, or _visible = 1; for true