A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: My attempt at a logo

My attempt at a logo

Ok, realize that I'm not a great designer or anything, I just do some amature flash on the side to bring in a dollar or two. I desided a little while ago that I should make myself a portfolio site to perhaps show prospectful clients. When I realized I should do that I also figured, hey...a name for my 'company' would be a good thing too. So right now I'm thinking either 'SolidMonkey' or 'Protonic Design.' For the latter I have a semi done up logo I made in flash and for the first I'm still kinda scratchin my head. I'll show you kinda what I was thinkin for the second name:

And usin that in a splash page sorta deal it would fit in like this ( I rushed it so that's why it's really choppy):

Anyhoo, any help/suggestions/critiques(not flames tho plz) would be greatly appriciated. Thx all.

it is good, but what is your portfolio about?? i mean the logo resembles a photographic shutter, which would suit perfectly a photography site.

anyway i feel that it's too big perhaps. taking out the white outline would make it look better.

Hmm...yah I've been told a few times that the outline is a little much. Guess I could scrap it. And it's a portfolio for any webpages, print stuff, etc...that I've done. So although there may be some photography in there, it will not be the focus.

[FF]Meta
    yeh not bad but i think its a little to complex. fewer lines may help. Good though

i think u could just use the p and the d from the middle, mb put a thicker stroke (line) round them or just have them in a plain white circle (so its not so busy)

bp

Ok, thx for the comments. I'll mess around with it a tick and post up a newer version when I've got somethin decent.

Sorry for the double post, but here's the updated version based off some of the comments I was getting.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like the simplified version. Next I would suggest some color maybe. Just a thought.

Later
    Art imitates life and life imitates art. - Eric Jordan ( Founder of 2A)

Just put my newest logo idea into a sig I made in PSP (that's right, psp ). Thought seein it like that might help for whatever reason.

Looks nice....

much much better, simple is good

bp

I liked your first design much more, the luminous effect with the white is great.
    Mastering Flash is easy..
    Mastering the actionscript is what the hell is..

very nice

K, just wanted the thank all you guys for the feedback, I'm very happy with my new logo now.