A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: limited page views???????

limited page views???????

When I subscribe to a post by responding to it, I get an email with a link to the latest posting... 9.9 times out of 10 when I click the link I get a FK page that says:
    We're sorry, due to the immense amount of traffic Flashkit receives, we've had to limit page views to 1 page per second, per user. Please wait a few seconds and try again.

why does this happen and is it something I am doing wrong?

Hi,

I was about to post the same problem here, when I saw your thread (I guess you had it again before you tried to come here...).

Please... anyone? It's very inconvenient.
    I use Outlook (not Express), IE6, Windows ME and never had problems of these kind here. I experience it since about three weeks.

Thanx!

Civilian
    Could both of you post here the next time you get it?

Steve, I'm not sure which IP you were using when you posted this, but I checked several of your's and there were thousands of page views on 8/25.

It looks like you're behind a proxy with someone that's abusing FK.

Hi,

I just received your email and it happened again. Could it be something with my firewall...?

Thanx,
    Michiel

happens every day for me, whenever I get an email that tells me someone posted a reply to something and I click the link I get it and have to close the wondow and click again, usually about 5 or 6 times.
    I am behind a few firewalls, I am on a military base. I doubt anyone else around here is going to FK, more like camo.com.

Civilian
    Originally posted by steveguberman
    happens every day for me, whenever I get an email that tells me someone posted a reply to something and I click the link I get it and have to close the wondow and click again, usually about 5 or 6 times.
    I am behind a few firewalls, I am on a military base. I doubt anyone else around here is going to FK, more like camo.com.
    lol. hotchicksincamo.com was my guess.

It's not your .mil account that has the thousands of hits.

At any rate, I'll look into this deeper. It looks like Schenkius shouldn't be receiving the notice right now, so there may be a bug on my end.

I'm patient and will keep clicking for the FK juice...

Hi,

This time all went well, I've done it few times now and apart from seeing the message sometimes (I think due to clicking to soon after the last click), it seems fine. Did you change something? I didn't...mystery.

Anyhow, if tomorrow my luck runs out I will post here again.

Thanx,
    Michiel

Okay, it's not working again... could it be something in my configuration of IE6?

Civilian
    Originally posted by Schenkius
    Okay, it's not working again... could it be something in my configuration of IE6?
    It's possible, but I'm going with it being on our end. Can you give it a try again when you have a sec? I made a change that may or may not help. I'm grabbing at this point, since it shouldn't even be checking you when you come from email.

Hi,

I'm affraid it hasn't improved, sometimes it goes well, most times not. I've tried various options but I couldn find a pattern.

Good luck!