A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Thank you letter

Thank you letter

I just finished a fairly big contract, and I would like to send my client a thank you letter - but not quite sure what to write. Any of you written one before? What would typically be included?

1. Their name.
    2. Thank you.

Señor member
    bizarrely I had one saved but I can't find it to attach it

I like to keep them simple, not more than 2 paragraphs simply thanking them for the opportunity to work on their project.

Be sure to include at the end your full contact details and a sentence politely asking them to keep your details "on record" should they have any further work in the future
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

you can use the one below, i got it from office.microsoft.com , just adjust to your liking.

Your Name
    Type your return address here

August 27, 2003

[Click here and type recipient’s address]

Dear [Click here and type recipient’s name],

Thank you for choosing XYZ Ad Agency to handle your Job #3333. The following agreement spells out the terms and conditions of this project. Please keep a copy for your records and return a signed copy to me in the enclosed envelope.

Job 3333 is a series of three capability brochures. I will write these brochures for you and provide such marketing and editorial consulting services as may be required to implement the project.

My base fee for the services I describe above is $10,000. That fee estimate is based on 100 hours of working time at my hourly rate of $100, and includes time for copywriting, editing, teleconferencing, meeting, consulting, travel, and research.

Copy revisions are included in my base fee. At such time as the total time devoted by me exceeds 100 hours, I shall bill you for additional working time at the rate of $100 per hour.

Out-of-pocket expenses, such as long-distance telephone calls, photocopies and computer printouts, fax charges, messengers, local and out-of-town travel incurred in connection with the project will be billed to you in an itemized fashion.

Payment of the base fee will be made as follows: One-third of the above-mentioned base fee is due upon my commencement of work, one-third due upon delivery of first draft copy, and one-third is due upon completion. Payment for expenses will be made within 10 days following receipt of invoice.

Sincerely,

[Click here and type job title]

ACCEPTED AND AGREED:

by:___________________________________ date___________________

wc, thats not really a thank you letter you got there...its a contract.
    ...but thanks for the help anyway

@jamble: if you find it, definetly post it, but if not, its fine.
    Last edited by fospher.com; 08-27-2003 at 06:53 PM.

be nice and say something about looking forward to working with them in the future. wish them success with whatever business venture the site was for.

then show it to somebody else (girlfriend, mother, stranger in a bar) and see what their reaction is.

most importantly: be genuine!

- n.

better than a thank you letter, send birthday cards* they add a more personal touch.
    but for a thank you, hand write it and keep it real short and sweet...

dear man,
    it was a pleasure working with you... thanks for paying me on time... hope to be bale to help you again.
    designer.

* idea borrowed from scottmanning.com

We always hand write ours. Mention details about the project or the client to keep it from sounding like a template letter.