dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: secure staging area creation

Señor member

secure staging area creation

I was thinking about setting up something a little more professional than a folder on my server for clients to view work in progress and have access to contact details, possibly an update list etc. Something secure and relatively simple and reusable for different clients.

I guess the idea would be to have their project uploaded to my fusefour.co.uk server, but they would access it by something along the lines of http://clientname.fusefour.co.uk and there be a login screen with their client details and who to contact etc and then once they've logged in they see their site.

I'm sure plenty of people have got this sort of setup in place so I was wondering if you built your own or if there's some downloadable (ideally free but I don't paying for a decent one) system out there I've not come across

Cheers!
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

Well, ive been looking for a free script like this as well, but have not found any. I don't believe there are any because ive been searching for a while. Maybe try asking a site that uses this technology if you can buy/use their script

Anyway, a client login page would really enhance your site. You could also probably integrate PerlDesk into it...just to keep track of the contact between client and yourself.

-YH

Señor member
    I might have to build one and then I'll sell it to you
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

Originally posted by jamble7000
    I might have to build one and then I'll sell it to you
    I'd buy a clone of Perldesk

I've had something along this line in the works for a little while now. Haven't had time to get down and dirty into production yet, but it tracks clients, contacts, projects, etc.

When I DO get it done i'm planning on releasing it opensource probably, so anyone's aloud to grab a copy of it if they want. I don't expect it to be something of much value that people would actually pay for it. More I just wanted a solution for myself that worked for my needs.

what are you using? ASP or PHP?

www.aspin.com has ASP code snips of the type you are looking for

www.phpbuilder.com has php code.

You can basically build up what you need from the various types of code snippets available or you could wait for sinistermind to provide you with his since he is building exactly what you need anyways.

Originally posted by [-S|NiStEr_MiNd-]
    I've had something along this line in the works for a little while now. Haven't had time to get down and dirty into production yet, but it tracks clients, contacts, projects, etc.

When I DO get it done i'm planning on releasing it opensource probably, so anyone's aloud to grab a copy of it if they want. I don't expect it to be something of much value that people would actually pay for it. More I just wanted a solution for myself that worked for my needs.
    I'd be intrested as well

Fearing Dawn
    We use phpcollab for most of our client area, its a great peice of openSource groupware, client login and project details, calendars, time tracking, etc... check out the site on sourceforge.. its a great starting point for anyone to customize and addon as you will...

----> www.phpcollab.com

they have a very helpful community of developers as well. The original developer is no longer fully active in the project but they have reset the core developers to take the software further.
    "And it is in his own image, let us remember, that Man creates God." ~~ H. Havelock Ellis

I just use a folder protected with .htaccess. Easy and secure. Contactdetails are just a php page feeded by a textfile. With a flash texteditor I can update the textfile.
    Vincent
    SWIS BV

Last edited by Markp.com on 07-23-2003 at 02:25 AM

Originally posted by acion84
    We use phpcollab for most of our client area, its a great peice of openSource groupware, client login and project details, calendars, time tracking, etc... check out the site on sourceforge.. its a great starting point for anyone to customize and addon as you will...

----> www.phpcollab.com

they have a very helpful community of developers as well. The original developer is no longer fully active in the project but they have reset the core developers to take the software further.
    Has anyone used this one before? The demo will not work for me.