A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Before I begin...

Before I begin...

Before I begin my project is it possible for someone to create an interactive flash website that can send data to CGI scripts, without reloading whatsoever, and receive the reply (then change whats displayed as necessary)? Also is it possible for someone to read files (like text files and the like) and display it's contents in itself like a website?

Thanks

The Magnificent Bastard
    I never player around with CGI, but I did use ASP with flash and everything your saing is possible. Flash doesn't reload in a way. Once you 've loaded it it stays running depending on how you set up your interface. You can have it loop forever. As with sending the info back and forward. Each time you send the info, a new connection will be made then closed. A way around it is using a XML server.

Well if connections between the flash .swf and say ASP pages are possible then its definitely possible for connections between .swf and CGI scripts.

Thanks for your help.

About reading from files, is it possible to read a certain formatted file and take the information read in and format it as needed prior to output? Or would I only be able to take as is type thing?

Thanks