A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: ActionScript 2.0 - Macromedia Central

Developer
    The Bluegrass State Will Flash For Food ™

ActionScript 2.0 - Macromedia Central

ActionScript 2.0 and Macromedia Central (or Application Development perhaps?); just a couple of forum suggestions... keep the Flash MX forum as is and change the ActionScript forum to ActionScript 1.0
    Last edited by gSOLO_01; 08-27-2003 at 01:29 PM.

I've asked for an app development forum before, like the one at WH, but we'll have to see I guess. I don't think there's justification for a forum dedicated to central though.

With all respect aversion, I disagree. If you're going to have one for CommServer, you should have one for Central and definately one for Remoting as well.

All 3 technologies use special AS classes.

The AS 2.0 is a good idea. You can separate application-related programming from basic scripting.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

Originally posted by PAlexC
    With all respect aversion, I disagree. If you're going to have one for CommServer, you should have one for Central and definately one for Remoting as well.

All 3 technologies use special AS classes.

The AS 2.0 is a good idea. You can separate application-related programming from basic scripting.
    I'm all for an app forum rather than breaking it up into its component parts. I guess i'm sceptical of central's appeal and I think we should take a look at it before deciding whether it needs a forum or not. To me it looks like a medium rather than development platform per se, despite its special components, so without having used it yet my opinion is that it would be served by an app development forum.

there was a forum for remoting but no interest in it which is why I'd like to see all these topics covered in an 'application development' forum rather than being split into several other forums that lanquish.

Originally posted by aversion
    there was a forum for remoting but no interest in it
    oh, wasn't aware of that.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.