A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pixelranger Genesis Project Graphics

Pixelranger Genesis Project Graphics

The landscapes and graphics are just dazzling. Kind of a frosty dreamy feel. Any ideas on the creation or just how to achieve this effect?

http://www.pixelranger.com/

which effect? the sites or the genesis' project ones? long exposure has the most to do with those effects. as well as lots of retouching and what nots.
    maybe.

pixelranger does some great PS work on a couple of the desktops for 2advanced.com. Check out the one with the pod thing landing on the grass, there's some really subtle and effective work going on there.

I really like this kind of stuff more than the whizz-bang-zoom-zoom kind of PS work.

yeah that grass one is so amazing.

http://www.2advanced.com/wallpapers/...1600_1200.html
    maybe.

that's the one, I don't like the fact that it's 'letter boxed' like that but some of the detail is amazing. The pod was all hand shaded and that effect on the grass too.

IMO I think those types of things are harder than abstrect 3d objects and blurs.

I like the feel of the letterbox, but it wouldnt hurt to put some type of pattern or texture on the blank parts. Than again, it may have been just the image, and they wanted it to be a WP, so they threw in the bars.

Nice work none the less. I was very impressed with it.
    maybe.

It's simply beautiful and inspiring. I'd just like to know how he gets the forest and the cityscapes to look so, fantasy-ish. I know it's involving but like you said 'aversion', I too really like this style of graphical involvement over the flashy techy stuff.

Shouldn't the thrusters on that pod be pointing the other way in order to slow it's descent? Right now it looks like it's ready to launch itself into the ground. Looks great, though.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

Originally posted by RUSHVision
    Shouldn't the thrusters on that pod be pointing the other way in order to slow it's descent? Right now it looks like it's ready to launch itself into the ground. Looks great, though.
    those are just stabilisers man. The mark VI pod had thrusters on the side, you're obviously getting them mixed up.

That must be it. I'm always getting those two confused.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

Pixel Ranger Images

does pixle ranger 'borrow' images off the web?
    If you go to

http://www.realvast.com/flashindex.htm

under the experience...

It's the same image as:

http://home.att.net/~paul.dowling/archive/forest.jpg

If you type in forest wallpaper in google, you will see several versions of this image.
    Is this pixelranger PS work, or just good photography?

Who really SHOOTS these images. ?

i remember him saying he takes all the images he uses. and correct me if im wrong, also said he took those images from realvast just for that site. i may be mistaken. but that does raise some suspision.
    maybe.

similar forest but how do u make aforest different to another? anyway if u have both websites open at same time and look at them youll see that the trees are in a different arangment in the background. Also there are the big trees nearer the foreground int he pixel ranger one dont know if they were added or traced round but there are some clear differences.

edit--------------------------------------

soz didnt read your post properly thought u was refering to the genesis website. Does Perfect Vision Graphics have a website?
    Last edited by CDP-Design; 08-28-2003 at 08:39 PM.

wasnt saying he stole or anything.. maybe he bought it? or a pic in the series of images? Or, maybe he shot that wallpaper?

nah man those are the same pics.
    maybe.

if you go to the site credits you'll see that some of the photography was by perfect vision graphics.

Passionate about 2A pixelranger's Avatar
    Next time cruise the "Site Credits". As someone mentioned. I used that graphic but gave credit for it in the "Site Credits". I tried contacting them and they are no longer in business unfortunately otherwise I would have purchased it. The best I could do is to give them a simple credit for that ONE photo. Everything else is by myself. Its called go outside with a digital camera and have fun.

No-tec..just cause you stole some graphics from me and I caught you doesnt mean you need to sit here and search for ways to try and get me back for your mistake. Move on.

Shane
    www.pixelranger.com
    Last edited by pixelranger; 08-29-2003 at 07:49 PM.

Originally posted by pixelranger
    Next time cruise the "Site Credits". As someone mentioned. I used that graphic but gave credit for it in the "Site Credits". I tried contacting them and they are no longer in business unfortunately otherwise I would have purchased it. The best I could do is to give them a simple credit for that ONE photo. Everything else is by myself. Its called go outside with a digital camera and have fun. Once again No-Tec slips a notch.

Shane
    www.pixelranger.com

alright guy thats still illigal if you dont have consent.

christ man i wasnt even dissing you.
    maybe.

Passionate about 2A pixelranger's Avatar
    No-tec..just cause you stole some graphics from me and I caught you doesnt mean you need to sit here and search for ways to try and get me back for your mistake. Move on.

Shane
    www.pixelranger.com

Originally posted by pixelranger

Shane
    www.pixelranger.com

im not. please dont bring whatever personal agression you have that doesnt concern the boards onto them. whether it be your sexual or emotional or personal.

i didnt post the thread. i didnt accuse you, i was wondering.
    maybe.