A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: slideshows, child movies....... need help

slideshows, child movies....... need help

why isn't there an 'events' menu under the slideshow options? I was looking at the template 800x600 example that is in v4r5 and i saw that they used a slideshow to change all the pages... But wouldn't it be nice if there was an events menu so you can animate the slideshows? and stuff... Also, i tried adding a child movie inside of my slideshow, because there is an events menu for child movies, but i cant figure out how to get the child movie to show up in the slide show....

is..... anyone out there?????

is this a bug?

hey umm another Question.. is this a bug? For some reason it wont let me associate a scroll bar with a html box when they are inside a slide show. I changed the html to dynamic too.... man i really suck at this... soooo frusterating

I have found a bug with using slideshows in a child movie, all the objects entities in the child movie need properties switched on to be visible. I reported it a few weeks ago so there should be a fix soon as fixes usually come out quite quickly in my experience .

I don't know whether this is related to what you are doing as I can't quite understand what it is you are attempting, but it looks connected as far as I can tell.

Looks like a bug

I just tried this and you are correct is dosen't work.
    Be sure to report it with example to support@3da.com

Having said that it looks like anything on a slide show cannot have properties.

Anything you could do with a slide show could be done another way.
    Just make an arrray of layers. and hide show them, you could even write a bit of code to hand show/hide.
    Last edited by blanius; 08-29-2003 at 08:42 AM.

Wooo thanks for the replys Umm blanius, do you think you could send in the bug? I think you would do a better job of explainin the problem since you have more experience with this kind of stuff. I'm new to flash... I hardly even know what action script is and have no clue how the heck to use it!!! Anyways... thanks, even though im still really confused...

Could someone out there please post the .movie file to a more complex all-flash website template than the one in the examples? Maybe if i had something like this to study it would answer a few of the zillions of questions i have. thanks a million!!!

me again

I reported it. Not sure if it's a bug or just a limitation we have to live with there is a big difference.

cool thanks