A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: monsoonstore.com...check it out

monsoonstore.com...check it out

I just want some opinions on the site, in techinical stuff like loading, size, speed. If you want to comment about the look you can but that is pretty basic. Um, its not completely done yet, there will be more pics and the prices aren't set up yet. Theres no e-commerce, ssut a kind of like a catalog.

http://www.monsoonstore.com

Loading time was short, however some kind of preloader would make me feel better as the content just appears and disdapears.

The fonts need a bit of aligning, they need to be on x=0 y=0 all the way including within button symbols etc.

You should give all you buttons instance names and then add an action in the timeline where they first appear that has

instancename.tabEnabled = false;
    instancename2.tabEnabled = false;
    instancename3.tabEnabled = false;

This will remove the highlight on tab feature, because it kinda messes up the contact form as it is now.

The (C) all rights..... bit should go somewhere else cos it looks like the most important thing on the page being so near the top.

Hope this helps

hey thanks for the comments. i didn't like the tab thing either, thnaks fro the script to fix it. One question, where are you seeing unclear font becuase i went throught them before, and they looked pretty clear. Hwre do you see the unclear ones hough, I may have missed it. Thanks for the comments.

Anyone else?

Thanks for the tab code!

Centre your site...

Niceeeeeeeeeee
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

No worries for the tab code, it bugged the hell out of me for ages till i found that little line.

The fonts on the menu were generally unclear to me, maybe they just need to be darker as they are light grey on white background now.

hi

It is my opinion that the structure is not very good. Why not make a menu-item called "products" or something, and put the whole "crafts, furniture..." thing as a submenu of this menu-item. It seems more logic to me that way. About the animation with the changing pictures: I would suggest to make it slower, and to just put it on the homepage, not every page.
    Loadig speed was good. Oh and the titelbar with 'about us' and 'contact' etc could be a bit larger.

otherwise nice site, keep it up