A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New cell phone.

New cell phone.

I'm gonna get myself a new phone on monday....

has anyone bought a new phone lately and not like their purchase... ie: which phones should i not buy....

and which should i buy...

i guess my budget is around 200€/$

thanx gang.

(my nokia 3310 battery dies on me after 4 minutes of calling after i have recharged completely...)

(i like this one click here
    Last edited by iForgotMyPassword; 08-30-2003 at 01:30 PM.
    Cannot comprehend this site still exists

$219.95 - $299.95!!!

No color display, no camera, $219.95 - $299.95!?!?!

Hi, i bought a new phone about two weeks ago, it's the Sony ericsson T310 and its amazing, it costs £119 and it has colour screen, polyphonic ringtones and amazing games, (tony hawks, mini golf).

I would go for this phone its to good for the price, i think you can get the same phone with a camera for £150.

For a tariff guide, im using virgin network, 10p per txt and 3p per text on the same network.

Have you looked at the new LG's?

They look really nice, but I havn't used one.
    John Starkey: So what if I have had sexual relations with Saddam.

Looking for a webhost, paid, free, or dedicated? Check out this thread, to get my reviews.

My new phone

This thing is awesome.

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Phone envy.

Stop it now before it's too late.

Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

a mobile phone.. is much more than a phone these days... u have to decide what u want your mobile to do first before u actually decide on buying any!!

**if u have the time to wait till this one launches and you need an integrated camera.. wap.. xhtml browser... go here and have a look

**and if u don't have the time to wait and need all those features with additional stuff.. like wallet and image uploader... go here

**or if u need much more than just a still camera... video recoder with audio support.. java.. bluetooth..zoom.. u will have to wait a bit.. go here

** or if u are really fond of music get the mp3 player... Digital recorder from integrated FM radio and Audio Line-In ....Music storage on multimedia card... go here

**or if u are a game freak... go here

** or u need something strong...Protected against splashes, dust, and bumps ...Calorie counter.... Thermometer.... Automatic volume control... Sound meter .. go here

** do u sms/mms a lot.. Unique 2-in-1 concept with integrated full keyboard.... SMS distribution list.... MMS (Multimedia Messaging)...E-mail client... SyncML technology... go here

** or u need a powerful.. robust mobile.. for your office work...Extended memory, Web browser, Flash Player, RealOne Player, VPN Client, Talk time: 4 - 10 hours, Standby time: Up to 230 hours, Operating system: Open, Symbian platform .... go here

**or if u don't like these models go to japan.. u'll surely get what u need!!

are you looking to pay for one outright or one with a plan? Paying for a phone outright is far more expensive than getting one with a plan.

if you're getting it with a plan grab the sony ericsson p800, if not then it'll be tough to find a good modern one. Virgin do great deals on phones if you have virgin mobile there.

Originally posted by Visionray
    My new phone

This thing is awesome.
    My new phone too! It chuffing rocks! You tried the blue tooth thing on it? Its amazing! I want bluetooth on my computer now

Originally posted by emm_eye
    a mobile phone.. is much more than a phone these days... u have to decide what u want your mobile to do first before u actually decide on buying any!!

**if u have the time to wait till this one launches and you need an integrated camera.. wap.. xhtml browser... go here and have a look

**and if u don't have the time to wait and need all those features with additional stuff.. like wallet and image uploader... go here

**or if u need much more than just a still camera... video recoder with audio support.. java.. bluetooth..zoom.. u will have to wait a bit.. go here

** or if u are really fond of music get the mp3 player... Digital recorder from integrated FM radio and Audio Line-In ....Music storage on multimedia card... go here

**or if u are a game freak... go here

** or u need something strong...Protected against splashes, dust, and bumps ...Calorie counter.... Thermometer.... Automatic volume control... Sound meter .. go here

** do u sms/mms a lot.. Unique 2-in-1 concept with integrated full keyboard.... SMS distribution list.... MMS (Multimedia Messaging)...E-mail client... SyncML technology... go here

** or u need a powerful.. robust mobile.. for your office work...Extended memory, Web browser, Flash Player, RealOne Player, VPN Client, Talk time: 4 - 10 hours, Standby time: Up to 230 hours, Operating system: Open, Symbian platform .... go here

**or if u don't like these models go to japan.. u'll surely get what u need!!
    How long you worked for nokia then?

FK's Official A&A Addict
    i have the t39m. it's a solid phone does what it's suppose to do, has bleutooth and stuff, calender and it's very sturdy. It's an old model and i bet you can get it for less then 200$ to be hones i already have this phone for over a year and just in june or may i decided to keep this one instead of getting a new one because the phones that where on the market by then didn't really bring me something i needed. sure colour display is great, and a 2*2 pixels camera is a neat addition to your already heavy phone, but it isn't really functional. buy the t39m and you'll probably have everything you need to get yourself started. synching over internet wapping gprs emailing smsing faxing etc.. it can do it all.

okay i bought the t610 (going over my budget) with a 100$ but still i like the way it looks and dang that this is so cool to play around with....

there are stiil some things that i need to figure out.... but hey that's what a new phone is for....
    Cannot comprehend this site still exists

FlashKit ShapeShifter
    Siemens SL55. Colour screen, smaller than a credit card. battery lasts 500 hours on standby. wicked phone but it costs £300

Normally a Lurker
    After using various nokia phones (including the 3330/3310) I swapped to a Sony Erikson T68i back in Jan some time. I have cursed the day I did it.

The phone could be pretty cool.. I went to this one for looks, as I didn't find the nokia of any great appeal. Big Mistake!!!
    The menu system is a nightmare to get around and everything takea
    s about 5 times longer. Even now I nearly end up almost deleting contacts as the no button is far to close the clear button...

Gotten used to it now. I kinda like the little thing, but next time I upgrade I am straight back to them Nokias!

L.
    "Dance your cares away,
    worries for another day,
    let the music play,
    down at Fraggle Rock."

I just got the i95
    it's pretty sweet, battery life is awesome on it too.

banned by dp
    I don't really care for cel phones, If I want to talk I'll call you at my house or on a pay phone (hey it lets you find your way around a city if you have to look for a phone!)
    And If I want to play a game I'll get on my pc or PS2.

banned by dp
    Originally posted by alty29
    I just got the i95
    it's pretty sweet, battery life is awesome on it too.
    Its says this phone isn't available.

Originally posted by SmokeBombShoe
    Its says this phone isn't available.
    Hahahaha

Originally posted by ammaar
    Siemens SL55. Colour screen, smaller than a credit card. battery lasts 500 hours on standby. wicked phone but it costs £300
    Turned it down... poor talk time, not many features, no camera etc...

SE t610 is the way forward kids

i don't really like the old grandpa look of the t610.. it might have grreat features though!!

and the SL55 looks real good...at first it looked like they were trying to make something like a smaller version of the nokia 7650!!
    but the usabililty sucks...

my next phone is gonna be the nokia 7250 or the nokia 6220..great features.... great looks!!!