dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: including and excluding external actionscript

including and excluding external actionscript

what i am wanting to do is when the time line hits a certain frame iam wanting to including external actionscript from a text file then when i rewind the movie clip and alter the external actionscript text file i am wanting my movie once again when it hits the frame that i have used the #include command to include the external actionscript i am wanting the movie clip to use the updated external action script at the moment the movie clip will only include the first external action script and will not update when i rewind and alter the external eaction script as any one any ideas what i am doing wrong

thanks in advance

Hi,

so you are writing new actionscript while your movie plays?
    Or is it just plain variables (or could perhaps be reduced to plain variables) that you can load from a server?
    [If you want to call existing functions, you could define the variable format to include a function name and arguments]

Actually #include'ing is not really possible becuse #include happens when you publish the movie. Loading a "movie" (just a background tag and some published actionscript) from the server is possible if you use a server program that can compile actionscript, but it may be overkill

Musicman