A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Knowledgable hardware people. Which motherboard to go with?

Knowledgable hardware people. Which motherboard to go with?

Ok, currently im looking at an Asus P4C800 Deluxe. There hasn’t been much contest from any other manufacturers, so I was wondering if this was the way to go, or should I hold out for something just around the corner?

Cheers
    the sig... its broken...

just stay away from the nVidia chipsets

Originally posted by yasunobu13
    just stay away from the nVidia chipsets
    Haha! There's nothing wrong with the nVidia chipsets!

jcsco0... for an awesome price, I suggest the MSI K7N2G motherboard.
    AMD Athlon/Athlon XP/Duron chips up to 3000+ chips. DDR*3 (supporting up to 3gigs total) and speeds of 3200/2700/2100 and dual channel capability. 6 USB 2.0 Ports, interegated Geforce4 MX440 (you can have up to 128 system ram on it) AGP 4/8x. 5 PCI slots. Onboard 5.1 audio, and onboard 10/100 lan!

If you want some more features... you can go with the MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR... It has everything that the K7N2G has, but a little more! It has Serial ATA raid compatability, onboard firewire. 6 USB 2.0,, procs up to 3000+, up to 3gigs of dual channel DDR memory as well, DUAL 10/100 networking! The only thing that sucks about this board is that it doesn't have video onboard like the other, but still has the 8x AGP slot (which is no big deal if you dont want the geforce4) This board is around 150 bucks.

But, if you wanna stick w/ Intel... I suggest you get the MSI 875P Neo 2.

If you got any questions, go ahead and ask
    Last edited by wiReZ; 09-02-2003 at 02:32 AM.

Unless i'm mistaken,, the motherboard he mentioned is for Pentium 4s.. I just built a 3GHZ P4 system for a friend.. still have it and 'testing it out with my games hehe'.. But I got him a Abit IC7-G which uses the i875P chipset from Intel.. It's a great motherboard.. they have the normal IC7- and then the Max 3 Advanced II version which has just about everything on the motherboard.. both are great, stable.. and great performers.. Here

Thanks everyone for all you input. Unfortunately, due to very hectic circumstances i was forced to make a quick desicison before finishing off all my research, everyone's testimonials here being part of that research. The MSI 875P Neo 2 and Abit IC7 Max 3 were only quickly contemplated, but due to the lack of knowledge about these boads and the reviews that i had previously seen for the Asus P4C800 Deluxe, i just went with the asus board. However, i'll be building a "less uber companion" pc to go with the one im building. So when i get to that, ill look into those boards, and if they are good, and providing the price is right around these parts, i may give them a shot. Especially the Abit board, as ive heard that these are the best ones to go for. So cheers to all.
    the sig... its broken...