A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Mac G5

Mac G5

Anyone getting one? or already got one? is it worth it? which OS is best?

I want one. Even the box it comes in is cool!

I hate Macs, such a bull**** opperating system. I mean you open a window, and then find that you cant minimize it , it just keeps overlapping until you get really pissed off and through your mac out of the office window. The fact that you have to first put your CD ROM icon into the trash can is equally annoying.

Whats worst is that in terms off upgrading the Mac, is a hard thing to do as everthing is put into the fu**ing monitor.

Macs just look good from the outside...but as they say never judge a book by its cover...I design on a Win opperating system, it is exactly the same, I can not see the difference from when I designed something on a mac - other then I getting incredibly fraustrated at the graphical user interface.

Sorry for my use of language , but the hype of the mac gets on my nerves!
    http://www.samsonknightdesign.com

I wouldn't have said that man, cause your about to get shot down.

Originally posted by samsonknight
    I hate Macs, such a bull**** opperating system. I mean you open a window, and then find that you cant minimize it , it just keeps overlapping until you get really pissed off and through your mac out of the office window. The fact that you have to first put your CD ROM icon into the trash can is equally annoying.

Whats worst is that in terms off upgrading the Mac, is a hard thing to do as everthing is put into the fu**ing monitor.

Macs just look good from the outside...but as they say never judge a book by its cover...I design on a Win opperating system, it is exactly the same, I can not see the difference from when I designed something on a mac - other then I getting incredibly fraustrated at the graphical user interface.

Sorry for my use of language , but the hype of the mac gets on my nerves!
    I absolutly will NOT let this thread turn into one of those! He wasn't asking for your opinions on Macs. They HAVE gotten alot better with OS X and better. Even I am willing to admit that. The author of this thread asked if anyone had used or owns a G5. Not for biased opinion.

You = shot down

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

as i was a hardcore windows user i would have shot them down. but now in my digital arts class we all use g4 macs running OS X which ACTUALLY is awesome...yes i get annoyed in some areas but ONLY becasue i am used to windows...i am sure MAC users get annoyed on windows machines...hopfeully by the end of the year i can be comfortable on both types of machines...a kid in my class is Beta testing 10.3(or whatever) the panther version...he says it is absolutly amazing...soo many awesome features...well onto the topic....we might be getting some G5's with atleast 4 gigs of ram...so i will tell you then

FK's Official A&A Addict
    to be honest you can expect osx on your x86 based system in a few years. the source is based on bsd and there are some people busy porting it. i'll be looking forward to it.

as for what platform is the best... well let's just put it this way, every platform has his ups and downs. mind you mac isn't perse the best for graphic nor is windows the best for office automation.