dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Leaving Your Mark

Leaving Your Mark

How does everyone feel about leaving your signature on the bottom of a client's site, be it a logo or text that links to your design companie's site.

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    So long as you've been able to control the client input and stop them beating the life out of your cutting-edge ideas (so you're still proud of the piece that you have created), always try and get your name in there somewhere.

If you feel it necessary, ask beforehand, but it should be discreet enough that no one has to worry.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

I was thinking about a very small version of my logo, and having it link to my site, kind of like on the bottom of this site:

example

Señor member
    I leave a link back to my site where possible. It also helps with search engines as well as getting the occasional potential client click.

Sometimes if it's not possible, try to include your web address as a comment in the source file
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

Yeah, I put my author info in a meta tag on each page, but is there anyone who is against putting your sig on a home page of a site?

Developer
    The Bluegrass State Will Flash For Food ™
    I put an invisible div layer on a couple pages of a site...

Invisible Div layer? Can you show me an example or describe what this is?
    Thanks

Developer
    Heres am example of what I include on my pages.
    Code:
    <div id="Layer1" style="position:absolute; width:100%; z-index:1; visibility: hidden; top: 0;"> 
      <div align="center"> 
        <p>Designed and Developed by<br>
          <a href="http://gsolo.com">gSOLO Studio</a> <font size="-1">&copy;</font> 
          2003<br>
          for use by the Columbia Association</p>
        </div>
    </div>
    <!-- 
    Developed by gSOLO Studio
    for use by the Columbia Association

http://gsolo.com
    webmaster@ gsolo.com

Copyright gSOLO Studio 2003 
    -->

thanks......but

I checked it out, and saw what it can do, but does this really do anything more than adding a meta?

Also, how is this going to draw traffic to my site or let people know that I designed a client site?

Developer
    nothing really; it shows up in a google search. I was just pointing out that I do something similar to jamble. where I'm not allowed to put my stuff on the site. I'd be annoyed by a logo on my site. just a line of text and a link at the bottom would be fine though.

Originally posted by gSOLO_01
    nothing really; it shows up in a google search. I was just pointing out that I do something similar to jamble. where I'm not allowed to put my stuff on the site. I'd be annoyed by a logo on my site. just a line of text and a link at the bottom would be fine though.
    Thanks for the input. Anyone else? ... Anyone? ... Anyone? ... Bueller? ...

Señor member
    Originally posted by gSOLO_01
    I don't like putting a logo on client sites, I opt for a text link as it's often better when search engines spider their sites. An example of a client site I did is rallyzone with my link on the bottom of the pages on the right, I think much more than this is often pointless
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

Thanks,
    BTW - I like your site

Originally posted by jamble7000
    with my link on the bottom of the pages on the right, I think much more than this is often pointless
    I do the same. I put a link to my site in the copywrite or near it just as jamble did. This way it's out of the way and there is no threat anyone. And the meta is all ways a good thing. But there is no harm in asking the clients about putting your logo on there site. I do all the time due to the fact if they do say yes it helps alot cause people love images and they see images that are linked they are temped to click. And always when puting your like on a site make sure it targets _blank. Just common curtesy.