dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: preload multiple movies?

preload multiple movies?

hello,
    ive got a very large flash movie that ive broken into 8 segments and used "loadMovie" at the end of each segment to open the next one and close the previous one.
    however when i put them onto cd they take almost a minute to load. is there a way to preload these other movies while the first is playing?

or maybe a better way altogether to link them?

oh.. and i cant export them as one because i always get "not enough memory" and it fails. ive tried it on a couple PC's and they shouldnt be having that problem.

well, thanks for any help offered.
    jon

check out Jesse Stratfords sequential preloader.. I haven't used it yet, but might be just what the doctor ordered.

http://www.actionscript.org/showMovie.php?id=355

web
    My pimp hand is way strong

Banned
    Just initiate the loading on the first frame of the current playing movie. It may have then time to download while that first movie is playing. The movies should have a stop action on their first frames so that they don't play when loaded, and at the end of each movie just start your next movie playing. There might be a problem if you keep re-loading your movies on _level0 (_root), as the stop action would keep it from playing though. All depends where you're loading your movies.