A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Problem with dynamic text and it's font

Problem with dynamic text and it's font

Hello.
    I have a problem here how can I make that users who don't have the specific font still could see the font? It's fine witch static text, but with dynamic is completely different. Can i somehow import that font to the library? If yes how? Becouse when i'm trying to import TTF file i get UNEXPECTED FILE FORMAT message.

You need to EMBED the font. Basically what you are doing is encapsulating the font within the swf file itself, so that you deliver the font to the users.

So, go to your dynamic text bos, and click on it, so the Properties box comes up. Then, click the Character button -- when the pop up comes up, Choose the All Characters Radio button and click Done.

Normally your filesize will increase a little bit, because now you are adding the size of the Font file into the swf, but since you are using some Static text with the same font, you have already done this. When you use static text, you embed the font automatically. Unfortunately, this doesn't carry over to the dynamic boxes in the same swf.

Follow the steps above. It will work perfectly!

RH

p.s. 900 posts!?!?! I've been here TOO long!