dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: preloading nightmares... :'( please help a very confused me...!!!

preloading nightmares... :'( please help a very confused me...!!!

Hi everybody...
    once again - I'm stuck and hoping for some help from all you flash lovers out there - as I'm at the end of my wisdom, going insane here..... :'(

I am finally trying to get my own site finished and running - http://www.graphiceyedea.co.uk >>> bottom button... and now I've run into some strange problems with my preloaders... For some reason I can't get the preloaders to kick in instantly - or within the first 10-20% anyway - some it takes up to 70 or 80% for the preloader to show up and I can't make any sense of it. I've tried several different ways of setting it up... no change...
    now I'd like to set up preloaders for externally loaded jpgs for the pop up windows for my graphic work... and I don't even know where to start now after all those problems... :'(....

I would really appreciate it if you could spare the time and test the preloaders for me.... and maybe give me any thoughts, tips or tricks... links to tutorials... anything.... anything at all that could solve this problem....
    And maybe tell me how to best set up a preloader for the externally loaded jpgs....

Hoping for some inspiration..

PS: I'm working in Flash MX - publishing for Flash Player 5.
    ___carpe_diem___

loch, thanks for that!!
    Might have to compromise on my fonts now as there's no other grahic element in there, no export for actionscript or anything - only 2 dynamic text boxes with only the needed chrarcters embedded... must be the font then...

any ideas on the preloading of externally loaded jpgs...?

Thanks again, loch
    ___carpe_diem___