A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Are Packard Bell laptops any good? (Easynote E3 265)

Are Packard Bell laptops any good? (Easynote E3 265)

I live in Ireland (Republic of) and I have been considering buying a laptop. The technology here is slightly behind the rest of the world, and the best deal that I can seem to find around is a Packard Bell Easynote E3 265 laptop, whose specifications can been seen here.

I just want to know if Packard Bell laptops are any good from anyones personal experiences or general knowledge; and in particular relating to this model. Im not an idiot when it comes to specs, I just want to know if their range of laptops are reliable, sturdy, battery life (its not mentioned on their website), etc.

From looking at the model in person it seems like a fairly good piece of kit, but Im not sure about the quality of the screen and the graphics card in the computer.

Can anyone give me a little info please?

Thanks for your time,

I didn't know they were still around.

The towers they used to sell in the US a few years ago were crap.

I wouldn't buy toilet paper from them.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

I have never had any experience with laptops from Packard Bell, but I can tell you about them in general.

One word: rubbish. I used to have fix two of them in my street, it is now down to one because it over heated and melted. The other one is still going, just, but the monitor exploded a few months ago. My experience and all things I've heard about them are not great. The price may be good, but the quaility isn't, and in the long term is not cost effective.

Ireland is top place for computers! Gateway used to be there and I believe Dell still ship from there as well.

I strongly recommend Dell as a brand I trust and use, although I have never used their laptops. I own a Compaq laptop, which has a few graphics issues because of it's low specs (8MB graphics card, mistake), but it has been great otherwise.

I hope that helps.

Trust me Ireland isnt that great for computers; computers from the USA are much better than those here for the same price. Dell do run their european business from here (in fact their factory is just up the road from where I live). The thing with Dell is that they tend to charge more for their components and have dozens of models with minor spec differences but huge cost differences so you really have to choose wisely. Having said that however though they are most probably the best place to get computers around here. Ive been searching their site for ages now and the best laptop I can see at their site (for a good price) is the Inspiron 5100, which only seems a good price if you take away their ridiculous warranties.

Thanks for the info on Packard Bell. I was dubious myself, as PAlexC said "I didnt know they were still around".

Dell's prices arn't that bad, they are expensive compared to Packard Bell, but I've owned two and nothing has ever gone wrong with them at all (apart from one of them came with Windows ME).

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    I had a Dell a long time ago, and my brother-in-law has one that he brought back from Japan, and they both kick butt.

Recently, I've had two Toshibas and they are both pretty good. Not exactly going to win you any sreet cred, but still they get it done.

Hey, sheeps - we had Compaq at the company I worked for in Harrow and they SUCKED - each and every one of 'em had to go back to the company for reconditioning about every other day. Glad to hear you found a good one in the rotten barrellfull.

Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting