dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flash development

SPAMMER

flash development

Hello, i have been in talks this week with a developerment genuis who is currently creating very easy to use backend systems for html designers who have little to no coding abilities and i have introduced the idea of doing similar things for flash designers.

We have been thinking of some addons that would be good and the first one will be a way of updating all the dynamic text and photos/swfs on a flash site using a simple admin page. The add on will be designed in a way that will be very easy to use, without knowledge of any php/mysql and only the smallest amount of actionscript. The administration page will also be very easy to use for your potential clients to update thier site.

Do you think this would sell?
    How much would you pay (bearing in mind you could use it for many sites, not just one)?
    What other add ons would you buy?

Any ideas or comments would be very welcome as we are not certain of the demand for such products. The next item will be an easy to use flash ecommerce facility.

_
    If there was something that was a COMPLETE back end for a flash site, able to edit all text..content..ect.. I would buy it in a heart beat.

Would need to be able to add bold text..ect.. in GUI fashion. Being easily skinnable would be nice also. Very detailed instructions on how to implement it, along with a demo .fla would also be needed.

Depending on features and how nice it is.. I would think $120 for a single license would be reasonable, not sure as to what I would pay to use it on all my clients sites.

-Mike

SPAMMER
    cheers mike, thats just what i needed to hear. I'll keep you informed

SPAMMER
    please any more feedback would be much appreciated, as if we go ahead on this, i will be using all of the little money i have saved to get the ecommerce site up and running.

We have changed our initial plan so that the first component/add on will be a text updater, it will enable even the most basic flash designer to create a site where all the text is editable online, either by the designer or the client.

Any suggestions would be very cool as this is a big turning point in my life and i need either confirmaton if the idea will sell or not.

I guess the question i need to know is - Are there flash designers out there that would buy ready made development plugins so that they don't have to learn php/mysql

_
    My PHP/ASP is weak, Im sure most other flash designers is also.

Another idea is, I bet if you made a very quick little mailinglist script, and have a flash front end. Sold it for $10 a pop people would be buying them.

Could even have a more advanced version.. with say a WYSIWYG html email creater. Then go off and charge $30-$40 for that.

Its pretty simple to just have a variable sent to a script, but if you make it look nice..ect.. it will sell. Do that for all your products, have a kick ass skin, more likely for people to but just to use the pretty skin. Any one can get a little mailinglist script anywhere, make it pretty that will be the difference.

-Mike

I have been working on control panels for standard HTML templates. With a flash WYSIWYG editor. Showed to a small number of people and they would all be interested if the price wasn't too high. The flash text editor can be used for everything, mailinglists, website editing, webmail front-end. All with very small scripts.

You can find several on the net, though not too pretty.
    Vincent
    SWIS BV

Last edited by Markp.com on 07-23-2003 at 02:25 AM

surely such a back office would limit the flash movie?

ideally, each flash file should have dynamic content served from its own personal php script, having such a generic backend would limit you in your front end.

hmmmm
    Living the dream

SPAMMER
    not sure who the reply was meant for razor?

If it was for our text updater, then the coder is making it as easy to implement as possible and i'm sure it will deliver the dynamic information in the best way, i am no coder so i couldn't really tell you how its gonna work, i just make it look pretty