A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: :: Digital Galaxy :: - Entirely Made up of Flash

I found the problem incase you would like to also forward that onto your T35.com server admins, a file called webassist.exe was installed in my windows directory. To test it out I terminated the process and voila, no more popups occured (these were popping up even if I wasn't on the internet, which is rare because I have cable, but I disconnected it to test it). Once the process was terminated it stopped popping them up, so naturally I removed the file permanently from my system. A file named uniwebassist.exe was also installed, I assume a handy (or meant to be) uninstall program for webassist. However, once run the uninstall did absolutely nothing. Perhaps a backup copy of webassist only with changed program icons, who knows. Either way both are now removed and I am popup free.

Sorry for my reaction, but it was getting quite annoying. Every five seconds or less I was getting a popup and it wouldn't have been so bad, except that these popups were always to a select few websites. But the frequency of the popups was the most annoying, I couldn't do much with typing because the window focus kept getting changed over to these darn popups. I'm not sure why it chose your site, but as soon as I viewed your site about 50 popups came up (all unknowingly too because of the maximized interface you were using) and that was the end result so naturally I assumed it was your website. Sorry for any misunderstandings on my part, I will attempt to keep my anger in such issues more under control (I know thats easy for me to say now that the problem is fixed! hehe)

Anyways, good luck and if you happen to post any changes to your site I'll be glad to check it out and if I post my upcoming (first) project I'll hope that you'll critisize mine as tough as I did yours!

Tyouk

Hey thanks for the tip. I am taking the matter again to the t35.com admins.

Hey also try Norton Antivirus 2003 pro or 2004 pro. They catch these installation scripts automatically.

Yeah I know how these pop-ups can be annoying.

One way I avoid them is by using a proxy server Naviscope which also has a ad-block & pop-up block things, speed of ur connection etc

http://www.naviscope.com

Another feature is the "Resource Bars" these bars show the incoming & outgoing files. Generaly the EXE & ZIP files are in red colored bar. When I identify these bars with name of some .exe I click on these bars and they are stopped.

Try the software. It's free too.

hey Good luck on you Upcoming project. Plese post your website address when u upload them here in this thread.

I know the next few lines are irrelevant to this forum but....

I am a regular roamer accross Tamil Nadu and Karnataka in India.

I always loose some important E-Mails and contacts.

So I have decided to buy a HandHeld for less than $250 (Rs. 15,000 /-)

Before starting, I am a newbie to methods of accessing internet through HandHelds.

I am so confused to buy the HandHelds, as there are lot of companies manufacturing them.

Requirements:
    My main requirements are that, the Handheld should be able to ,

1) Access the internet through an ordinary telephone line, through any technology/accessory such as CF Slot based Modem etc.

2) To check my mails and do little web-surfing.

3) Should be able to run the current Applications for Pocket PC 2002/2003.

(I can't expect Internet through Wi-Fi or bluetooth here in INDIA especially in Tamil Nadu or in Bangalore as I keep on roaming & technology is advanced & is not available , so please POST handhelds which have alternatives such as CF Slot based modems or any other technology, like using an USB Cable to connect to Internet through a PC.)

I am very much interested on DELL & HP as they use Pocket PC 2002 & 2003 and also popular, but other companies can be considered too with other Operating Systems such as Palm OS.

Also I have friends at U.S and I think I can import the Handhelds if they are costly in India.

Please somebody guide me to buy a Hand Held.

If anybody out here in India like to sell me a HandHeld for second hand with above requirements, I welcome them to contact me through b_kannan@hotmail.com (Please don't recommend BAZEE).

http://digitalgalaxy.t35.com

I don't know much about handhelds but perhaps just try doing a search on Google, or perhaps by going to the Dell website and checking them all out. Then based on the prices you get, get your friends in the US to check them out, compare prices (with currency exchange rates included in all factors) and see which one gets the better price for the one you want. Then buy it if thats your wish. Just a thought.

And thanks for the advice on the software, I will check it out!

shoulda read the responses first...fullscreen = Alt-F4. Honestly, its pretty obnoxious to design a website in full screen mode. Some of us have more than one monitor and fullscreen across 3 monitors, just doesn't work, it defeats the purpose of multiple monitors and multi-tasking. Why not try some screen resolution detection script instead.

Hey tyasp,

Thanks for the comment and suggestion.
    Yes I am working on a new script & website interface.

In the next version there will be an option for fullscreen and normal screen.

Thanks for the comment again.

The site overall looks great man, congratulations.
    Im not a big fan of using text with a lot of colors tough. I think using only white or gray would be better, but its just a personal prefference.
    |"Silence teaches you how to sing"

I don't like sites with menus "Under construction".
    Better nothing then that.
    I mean:
    First make your project complete and the publish.

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    Does not work in Mac's Safari for S**t.