A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: PC to Mac

PC to Mac

Okay I did some Flash work over the Summer at my Dads work on IBM. I have an Apple here. In both places I'm using Flash MX. I burned versions of the .fla and the .swf and niether of them open on my Mac.

Are the Mac and PC versions of Flash not compatible? Also what is the best thing to publish for mac users to see the content that I have created? (Mac Projectors, html & swfs, other suggestions)

Help would be greatly appreciated.
    KG=MVP

is it because the disk you buned was in PC format?..or is it because you cant opent the actual .fla file?

-whispers-

I can open the burned cd fine, and it shows the .fla icons in the folder...the .swf files are completely unrecognized by my computer. Any more advice?

In theory you should be able to go back and forth between programs right?
    KG=MVP

I've also had problems with any .fla files that I've downloaded, I can't open them on my Mac here.

I run MX on OS9.2 and it seems I can't open anything created on a PC. If anyone knows the reason why I'd appreciate it but I'm going to hunt around a few other resources and try and find what it is, if I'm successful I'll let you know.
    The glass isn't half full or half
    empty, the glass is only as full
    as it needs to be.

Just out of curiosity, are you trying to open them through the "File" menu in Flash? I can't open any just by double clicking on them but several PC files have opened through the file menu, including a SWF file which was not showing up in the folder before I tried to open it through Flash.
    The glass isn't half full or half
    empty, the glass is only as full
    as it needs to be.

I've had a similar problem: mostly solved as Oenone says by opening in Flash. Another problem was that for some reason the Mac was not seeing the .fla file extention. When I renamed the file and added .fla to the name it opened.