A Flash Developer Resource Site

View Poll Results: Should the tutorial be provided from the website or flash projector ??

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tutorials should be provided from the Flash Projector (which downloads tutorials from the web) at full screen resolution. (High quality screen captures, Easy to understand, Full details, Can save the tutorial offline.)

2 66.67%
  • Tutorials should be provided from the website. (No need for one time download of projector, but need to go to website every time.) (Small screen captures, Less details, Little hard to understand)

1 33.33%

Thread: :: Digital Galaxy :: Online Tutorial or Stanad Alone Tutorial

:: Digital Galaxy :: Online Tutorial or Standalone Tutorial

Hi everybody,

I have started the website :: Digital Galaxy :: . In that there is a section tutorial.
    Now I am working on the tutorials with screen captures. The problem I face here is that the captures are too big for the 800x600 resolution viewer and still little bigger for 1024x768 viewer.
    If I resize the images they get distorted and the action script text are not visible properly.

Now I am working on a project were the tutorial Flash files will be in the website. User downloads a standalone projector which can run fullscreen, which downloads the flash files from the webserver and the user can view the tutorial fullscreen.

One more thing. This website is best suited for 800x600 resolution viewers and is entirely made up of flash.

Now I want to know, should I go for a standalone projector based tutorial or should I put the tutorials in the website ??.

Please use the Poll at the Top of this Thread. You can also Post your suggestions & questions here.
    Last edited by DigitalGalaxy; 09-08-2003 at 03:45 AM.
    http://digitalgalaxy.t35.com

You should look into other programs. Robodemo does a good job for example.

Take a look at swish-tutorials.com. those tutorials are great. streaming too
    Vincent
    SWIS BV

Last edited by Markp.com on 07-23-2003 at 02:25 AM

Hey thanks for the suggestion.

I am thinking on the Robodemo.

I saw that website. It's really great and fast too.

But unfortunatelty not everybody uses Swish for dynamic websites or dynamic content.

Thanks again.
    http://digitalgalaxy.t35.com