A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: need help

HI, I need help with my flash movie. Basically, I've made a haunted house, and I want the scence to change when the "Key" instance is at the keyhole. However, The SCENCE box is greyed out, so I ried using a tell target action to do this, but still am having troubles. If anybody can help me, I'd appreciated it. I can send you the FLA file which is very small. Thanks... e-mail me at
    sjwatt@earthlink.net

use the TELL TARGET command, but instead of a movie clip name, just type / That references the main timeline. I don't think you can use this method to skip directly to a new scene (if anyone can do THAT, I'd be mighty interested myself, hint, hint), but the way I do it is put a frame action right at the end of the scene you are in, telling the movie to go to the new scene, and kind of leapfrog from the MC to the frame with the action, which will then redirect to the next scene.

Pain in the ass, but that's the way I do it. If anyone can do it quicker I'm all ears!

Get Squared Away.

Send me the .fla and I can take a look at it. Still not sure what you're asking.