A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Question about swift 3d

Question about swift 3d

I am thinking about buying swift 3d, but I had a question I was hoping that some of you who are already using it can answer. Does swift give me the capability to create a 3d model such as a simple building or maybe a very simple plane, or would I still need to create the model in another 3d modeling application such as 3d studiomax and then import it into swift 3d? If this is the case, as a standalone tool, is swift mainly good for just making 3d text if you do not have or cannot afford other 3d software to use along with it? Thanks for any replies.

Serve Cold - Keep On Ice Mr. Tackle's Avatar
    There is some pretty extreeme work at http://www.erain.com/community/examp...gner_showcase/

see if you think it can do what you want!

The examples on the Swift site are great, but I guess my real question is, were these demos/examples made using only tools within swift 3d, or was another 3d modeling software package also used (to create the models and such). Basically, would it be possible for someone (assuming they had the know how) to create great 3d flash scenes like the demos shown using only swift 3d and not any other 3d software with it?

Here is a city, the beginning of one anyway, that was made with the Swift3D standalone. All of the structures were created using the modeling tools native to the program. While Swift3D lacks many of the more advanced features of the top-end 3D packages, it is capable of producing models of this sort without any trouble at all. Unless you want to do advanced modeling the Swift3D standalone should suit your needs quite nicely.

mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

nice work rush! makes me feel like goin out!
    Graphics Attract, Motion Engages, Gameplay Addicts
    XP Pro | P4 2.8Ghz | 2Gb | 80Gb,40Gb | 128Mb DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

Thanks Rush. That answers my question!

Thanks, Blink. I put this together for a friend of mine. She got a coffee tumbler from Starbucks that lets you insert your own image as a design around the circumference of the cup. I thought it was a pretty cool idea and had some fun making something she could carry around and drink coffee from. The final image was warped into an arc to accomodate the shape it needed to be to fit around the cup, but this is the model and the view of it that I used as a basis for the final image.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

That's a great image Rush. Very nice indeed.

TNB74, I believe that nearly all the creations you see on Erains site are made with Swift 3D and nothing else. You won't be disappointed buying it! the support is great and there is endless help if you need to know how to do something.

And although I disparage its modeling tools on occasion, the Swift3D package itself is more than enough for most applications.

Photo-realistic and human modeling are the only things that are reasonably beyond Swift's capabilities. You may have to work hard to get some things done, but you can usually do it.

Get a good 2D editor that outputs .ai or .eps files. Freehand, Illustrator, or CorelDRAW are good choices.

or just use Flash... it outputs to .ai and .eps

Originally posted by artzfx
    That's a great image Rush. Very nice indeed.

TNB74, I believe that nearly all the creations you see on Erains site are made with Swift 3D and nothing else. You won't be disappointed buying it! the support is great and there is endless help if you need to know how to do something.
    Thanks for the info!