dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: fresh set of eyes please...

fresh set of eyes please...

Any suggestions would be great. This is a quickie site that I put together and I haven't had much time to bug test yet.
    Thanks everyone!
    http://www.oshkin.com/newsite/

Nice site...TOTALLY not my style, but well done. A few things...I would make it a little more flashy. Maybe some pop or color stuff on the button mouseovers. (more than just toggling the text color)

Also - I am not sure who this site is for, but the normal (non FK-er) might get confused on the Profile page scroller. it even took me a second or two to realize that the text was scrollable. Maybe make that a little more obvious.

Other than that, it looks good. I've been seeing a lot of stuff in this style lately.

RH

it's alittle confusing. the title in the upper left doesn't seem to really fit with the site. it's the colors i think, and it's hard to read. you seem to be implying that there are scroll bars in some of the text fields when there are none. i do like the preloaders though...

Thanks for the feedback...I do agree about the scrollbars. I'll explore that some more.
    It's funny that you mentioned the logo because the client re-designed it and made me plop it in there! Oh Well!
    Thanks guys!

The Excentrifugal Force SSC Cosmic's Avatar
    Your customer needs to have a pro like you draw his logo, you can hardly read it! I had to read some of the text to figure out that it said "Oshkin".
    "Sorry Mr. Client, slowly back away from the MS Paint, I'll handle this".
    The whole site is very dark on my comp at work, which is a poorly performing 800x600. I'll look again at home on the good box.

A couple of typos, in Profile:
    "its" not "it's"
    "produced" not "produce"
    "ongoing" not "on going"
    Pluralize the whole last paragraph:
    "Our goal...to produce..events...artists...environments" In the singular it reads like he's never done this before. Maybe take out "goal". The reason being is that he doesn't want people to think he is trying to host good events, but that he is good already and can be counted on to do a bang-up job. No goals, it's all about his day-in day-out kickass performance.

I'm inclined to think that since the client hosts highly artistic events, his site should be vividly colorful and rather exciting or interesting. I feel your old west style is well drawn and works great for theatre and such like this, but needs color and freshness and excitement to hit the bullseye.

Just MHO.

Originally posted by SSC Cosmic
    "Sorry Mr. Client, slowly back away from the MS Paint, I'll handle this".
    Ha!

Thanks for the copy QA...I haven't done any of that. This was a quickie site for $500 so I haven't spent the time like I normally do. I will make those changes however...thanks

Check out the logo from the original comp...
    http://www.retropunk.com/oshkinweb/comp1.html
    I'm so sad she made me change it...not much I can do. She printed up tons of media kits with the logo. UGH!

I had to compromise between MAC and PC, so the darkness is unfortunate but she likes it on the mac...also with the size. Her res is 1024x768 so again I had to compromise.

Some clients won't listen and I get tired of pushing them. There is only so much you can do and it is their money so I do my best within the limits.

Thanks so much for the critique! I'll explore the color idea.