A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Post Your Cd Labels!

UPS' official RIPP-OFF
    See full complaint here > www.actionfx.net/complaint.htm

kiss designer
    Here's ours. Do you hand out a lot of them? Do you use a printed biz card at all?

Trevr
    Spectrum Software
    www.spectrumsoftware.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

I hand out alot of them. I still give out regular biz cards. Customer Usually request it..
    UPS' official RIPP-OFF

kiss designer
    We hand out quite a few too. One of the ways we market our business is by mailing them in an envelope to companies in our area. We usually address it to the marketing director or vice president. Would you suggest sending it to a different title? I know the right thing to do would be to call and get a name, but I would rather just send them to the company without the hassle of dealing with the secretary for a name.

Trev

I havnt done that, but that is a very good ideaa. You have your lable?
    UPS' official RIPP-OFF

how effective are they? while everyone you send it to most likely has a computer, i would think many would procrastinate and end up never seeing it. i know if i got one in the mail i'd say "cool, a business card cd. i'll bring it over to the computer later when i'm gonna use the computer" then forget. That's one of the things addressed in the Web Design business kit by sitepoint. they say that although video and cd presentations are a great way to show your skills to prospective clients, they barely ever watch them. I would just like to know how successful they are and how much they benefit over the traditional business card.
    Bill Erickson: resume | portfolio
    1 | 2 | 3 | 4
    Great Designs for $100

Well, yes what you say is true. However, for most of my meetings/presentations the CD Business card did most of the talking for me. It is a great tool and big companies love this. For the most part people do check them out. Very seldom do they put them to the side.
    UPS' official RIPP-OFF

i'm actually developing a website for a client which will be changed around a little bit and used as an offline presentation - distributed on those business card cds. where do you get them, and do you need to burn each one yourself or can someone else make 500 cds for you with the content on them already?
    Bill Erickson: resume | portfolio
    1 | 2 | 3 | 4
    Great Designs for $100

You can burn them yourself. I can get you some blanks, and labels. It aint worth the headache though. I can get my boys to press, and silk screen your label for about...well email and Ill give you a price chad@actionfx.net .
    I tried burning and printing them myself. It isnt worth the headache.
    UPS' official RIPP-OFF

kiss designer
    We've only mailed out about 30 so far and one company responded back to us for an estimate. He has been very busy finishing up some TV advertising and said this project will be next.

We plan to continue sending them out to try to get more exposure. My goal is to land a big corporate player and they like the eye candy stuff. We make them ourselves and it isn't too much work. We'll make about 10 up at a time and mail them out. CNL83, could you do a small run of 100-200 copies?

No, minimum of a 1,000. Why? Its more cost effective. I could do it, but it would still be exspensive. Trust me...just get a 1,000 made. One of these other FK guys could do it probably.

Im still waiting to see some lables from FK
    UPS' official RIPP-OFF