dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash Video for plasma screen

Flash Video for plasma screen

Hello all

I attended a Macromedia Studio MX 2004 seminar last week where I was blown away by the quality of video and the compression demonstrated by the fella giving the talk.

I now have my copy of MX2004 and I have a project on where I need to incorporate some video into a flash presentation which is to be shown on a plasma screen.

I have had the video taken off beta tape and converted to a .mov - it is good quality. It is running on a fast PC so filesize is not a big factor.

The point is HOW DID THAT GUY GET SUCH GOOD RESULTS???

I have played with every video technique I can find in flash and my results are still not up to scratch.

Any advice anyone can give would be gratefully received

Thanks

Hi, i havnt tried MX 2004 yet, do u know if he was using a compression suit? maybe (and prob) he used sorenson squeeze, mybe u should try that, see if u come up with the results youre looking for, besides i bet he started from a nice pro recorded video, thats also a big difference, u cant help loosing quality when converting from beta to digitall.
    Hope that helps.

same questions here

i too am looking for information on this topic. i have a client who wants a 3 minute display that would loop on a large plasma TV at a trade show. they requested flash (i think after effects or director maybe?). anyways, they will have photos that they want set up with transitions and effects, along with text. i can achieve that with no problems, my question is how to set up the files so that it will not look crappy when blown up on a large screen. here is the info that i need:

-what canvas size should i work with (pixel dimensions)?

-what rez should the images be?

-what is my file size limit for the SWF (projector?)

-are there any TV safe colors that i should be worried about?

- Frame-rate?

i know there are many questions, but someone has experience in this field, or can give some advise on how to achieve this....

thanks so much for your time.

Hey guys, i really dont have the time right now to answer all of this so ill give ya a link that might help, here

Mitee: Check with the plasama tv, thats hi def tv so my guess is youll need better quality then normal, frame rate depends if your working NTSC/PAL (America or Europe) to make it simple,

NTSC:29.97
    PAL: 25 fps

Hope this helps.

thanks for all the info! i will look this over.