A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash Designers Needed

Flash Designers Needed

I am a consultant for several large companies and I am in need of a few free lance flash designers. You must know all components of flash inside and out and must be able to give me 5 to 6 examples of your work. This is contract work and is pay per project.

If you are interested pleae email me at dru@bstweb.com

I will not reply if you post to this thread so if you are interested please reply to the above email address.

If you are a company do not apply, only free lance designers only.

Plese email me the following:
    Example Links:
    Cost Per Hour or Project:
    5 Business References that you have worked with directly:

This has the potential to be a great opportunity for someone.

Thanks
    Andrew
    BST Consulting
    Tampa Florida 33613
    Dru

Why won't you reply to anything in here..we have questions. Man.

And that's the general idea of a forrum....

maybe he just signed up to post that ad, and will never show uphere again.
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

Maybee!!

He's a consultant and doesn't understand the needs of us to consult him , in the design forum we spend most of oul time in.

Not only that it's silly to put a dead end post in and have no replies. Otherwise the thread drops down into oblivion when it could have the chance to have more people see it.

Ummmmm,

All you need to do is read the instrctions and follow them it's not that hard. 60 to 70 other designers have done it. If you have questions there is an email address to contact us at. So evidently your work is not that great, or you do not need the work. This project is about a $15000.00 project. We are so busy with regular clients so when we get new ones we have to employ designers out side our firm. So you can either whine about the fact that I can't hold your hand in this Comminty Disscussion or you can submit work. We are grown ups and do not have time to babysit in a Disscussion Forum.

So if you would like to respond to the add here is the email again dru@bstweb.com

Hope that clarifies things
    Dru

Well it's in your best interest in general to follow up and respond in the forum. This is a happening forum and if you have put a thread in to advertise for your company(s). Isn't a little air time for your add a better thing then nothing and falling to the bottom of the heap.

What would your company director and executives say if they new you said you didn't have time to follow up an add in the forum because you thought they were a bunch of kid's and didn't want to waste your time to keep the add going in the forum. After all it was only $15000 wasn't it. Wouldn't some consulting from a consultant help benefit the outcome of how many responces you get.

Ohh and remember something. It's that bunch of kids that are making your world spin.

So long consultant.

Thank you, to all of you that replyed to this post. We received over 127 submissions via email.

However this project has been contracted out. Please, if you wish, continue to send us your information as we get work frequently.

If you have questions please email me at.

dru@bstweb.com

Thanks again
    Dru

If you are a company do not apply, only free lance designers only.
    - This means he's looking for the CHEAPEST guy he can find and usually, someone that is naive that they can manipulate better.

Plese email me the following: Cost Per Hour or Project
    - RED FLAG, another shining example of someone trying to lock you into a set price THEN pile the entire universe on your plate - OR, finding the guy hes REALLY looking for... THE 13 year old KID THAT is willing to do it for nothing / $5.00 an hour.

he also states this project is paid PER PROJECT - so why ask an hourly rate, wait I know... read the first sentence of the previous paragraph I wrote.

evidently your work is not that great
    - this guy ALREADY has an attitude problem, I really feel sorry for the MULTITUDES that responded to his emails without reading about his award winning personality.

We are grown ups and do not have time to babysit in a Disscussion Forum
    - Then why are you here? Better yet.. why did you respond?

this project has been contracted out.
    - not a loss I'm sure. iether this is a forum practical joke or this guy is 12

SPAMMER
    why is everyone diggin at this man. I have spoke to him a few times about various projects and he is a decent guy who is not out to rip anyone off.

Really this is me..... mentaleruptions's Avatar
    Originally posted by jaybirch
    why is everyone diggin at this man. I have spoke to him a few times about various projects and he is a decent guy who is not out to rip anyone off.
    MM maybe because his attitude ??

So evidently your work is not that great, or you do not need the work.
    So you can either whine about the fact that I can't hold your hand in this Comminty Disscussion or you can submit work. We are grown ups and do not have time to babysit in a Disscussion Forum.
    Hope that clarifies things
    Plus like wiley said if this is pay per project then why even ask for what ur hourly rate is ??
    Maybe that has something to do with hiring the guy that will take the lesser $ per hour ??

U dont come to a forum asking for people to send resumes for possible freelance jobs and then reply when ur asked something with an attitude it gets u no where and all respect for u goes right out the window.

My Flashkit Submited Movies:
    Guestbook: V.1.0 V.1.2 V.1.3 V.1.4 PHP Mail Form: V.1.0
    My Deviantart page: Link

SPAMMER
    yeah, but when i'm making a quote i would say the project price is $x and that equals x hours work. Most companies want to know an hourly rate and a fixed contract price, so that they can see where the cash is going, rather than having a random figure.

but when i'm making a quote i would say the project price is $x and that equals x hours work
    Never price by the hour, a set project price is the best. Then set fees after that for hosting, maintenance, or etc.

SPAMMER
    At the moment i am working on some large sites and the client demands a full breakdown of costs, the most rational way of doing that is to say 'this part of the site' will take me x hours at $x an hour and break the whole site down to components. Each to his own

Señor member
    Originally posted by RXGX
    Never price by the hour, a set project price is the best.
    tosh, the last freelance work I did for a company was per hour.
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Blatantly ignoring the danger of posting the obvious, but when it comes to deciding whether to charge by the hour or by the project, you can never really say that one is better than the other, or refuse to consider either as an option.

I usually charge by the project, but that's just me. If I thought I could get convince people to let me bill per hour for figuring out some complex menuing system (which some would argue I should have known how to do in the first place) that'd be great, but my potential billing would be astronomical, pricing myself straight out of the market. So I take the path of least resistence and figure I'll take the hit if I run a little over in trying to do something a little 'above and beyond' in any given project.

After all, it's all going in my port, so the investment isn't totally lost.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

what a friggin mess.. ok lets get this straight guys.. as you know i am always first to point out flaws in people..lets start with this one.. he says he's in tampa but the site contact ph# is maine? 207? just curious.. do you have an email account with this company r u Stephan?.. i live 10 minutes away from tampa and never heard of this company (i always try to keep up on the compition) second.. hey..maybe he does have work and maybe he does want to outsource it cheap..l;ord knows i'm a cheap ass and don't pay much.. but i agree.. w\hether u like it or not .. you posted in a forum and unless you planned on answering some questions you shoulda put it on elance or something.. just my 0.02

I don't know the guy and I also feel he portrayed quite an attitude to a few people.. however, you can't look at things such as contact location or not knowing of the company..

If he works for a consulting firm, it's quite possible he works from home as a satellite office (I worked for an ecommerce consulting firm.. 1 office, 3 satellite locations).. you would never know the other locations existed.. it was sales people and/or recruiters working from home in different states (one in GA, one in NC, and one in ME, we were in MA)..

secondly.. the questions about "why did he say per hour if it's per project".. he never said it was $ per project. He said Hourly Rate OR Project Rate.

I'll be the first to admit, his "retaliation" was 3 steps below professional, however, most of your own answers could be had from properly reading his initial post.
    Last edited by 1337designs; 10-22-2003 at 01:32 AM.
    ..tween this