dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: ftoolmci problems

ftoolmci problems

Good morning. I downloaded the excellent Flash Command Line Tools v5.0 yesterday and before coding them up in Flash, tested on the command line. Although the other tools work great, ftoolmci is not working for me. It just doesn't do anything at all. I've tried just ftoolmci play cdaudio and ftoolmci /rootcd play cd but neither bear fruit. I have a Dell Latitude Cpx with a Toshiba DVD drive (might that be the problem?) and am running Win98SE.

I really need to be able to play CD audio in a flash presentation I am working on, so any help would be much appreciated!

Failing that, is it possible to give window's cdplayer.exe arguments at the command line to play a certain track?! I doubt it, but anyway...

Thanks very much,

Peter

I should add that when I try ftoolmci /rootcd play CD, I hear the CD drive whirring and gettting ready to go, but then it gives up

Tim (Super Moderator) Northcode's Avatar
    Dave (the master) mentioned at one point that his MCI tool wasn't working on WinXP (and maybe Win2K). He wasn't quite sure why. When I wrote a little test app (a little code I ripped out of SWF Studio) to check this and it worked fine. I told Dave it worked, but I don't think he ever had time to play with it again to find out what was wrong.