dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Processor goes mad on exit Projector

Processor goes mad on exit Projector

Ok this is a REALLY weird one...

In windows 98 if open system monitor, run a standalone projector it goes up a bit, fair enough, you'd expect that....

BUT when you exit the projector the processor goes nuts (up to 70% on mine).....when theres nothing running ???

The only way to get the processer load to go down is to run a macromedia made product....ie Flash, dreamweaver....other products don't reduce the load......what the ???

This doesn't happen on Win2000, or XP

I've searched FK and MM forum and there seems to be no reference to it, so any help will be welcome.

Regards Dave

Tim (Super Moderator) Northcode's Avatar
    Are you running any anti virus software?

Thanks for the reply Northcode,

I am running Anti-Virus yeah, but two different types (Norton and McAfee) on two different Window 98 PCs...

I've just turned them off before testing again and I still get the same problem..

Looks like Macromedia's done a poor job programming the Standalone player (version 5,6 and 7).

I was wondering if anyones come across this before and used any work arounds ?

Dave

Tim (Super Moderator) Northcode's Avatar
    Weird, I haven't seen that one.

Does it happen with any projector or just the one you've been testing with? What flavor of Win98 (original or SE) do you see this on? If we can find a reliable way to reproduce this, MM will want to hear about it. They might even fix it

I can set up a clean version of just about any MS operating system here to provide another test site if you're interested...

*********** uses the standalone EXE as the basis for their projector, it would be interesting to see if the problem persists in Jugglor, or if using Jugglor provides a work around for this one.

Yes give it a go and it will be interesting to see what happens.

Download an evaluation copy from here and try it. Let us know if you need any further assistance.

http://www.jugglor.com