dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: launch an HTML file contained in a cdrom from my proyector

membrillo

launch an HTML file contained in a cdrom from my proyector

Hi
    Iíve spent last 2 days trying to figure out how to do this: launch an HTML file contained in a cdrom from my proyector.
    Iíve read a lot, but the more I read the more I get confused.
    Iíve read about third party tools, batch files, geturl, etc, but at this moment I feel as lost as at the beginning.
    Iíve downloaded JSTART and JUGGLOR, but it didnít help me much since I donít know what to do and everything I read only confuses me.
    SoÖ I want to know if what I want to do can be done without using any 3rd party tools, and if so, how?
    I donít care much if the launched file is not in front of my proyector.
    In case that it canít be done from Flash MX, I would also appreciate a link to a thread or tutorial explaining what to do with the tools Iíve downloaded or others.
    I need big help please.

Hi, ok, here's how to do it. First the cheap and cheerful way:

If you HTML file is in the same folder as your Projector, you simply use this code:
    Code:
    getURL("mypage.html", "_blank");
    If the HTML page is in a sub folder, you can use:
    Code:
    getURL("subfolder/mypage.html", "_blank");
    If you would like to actually load your page directly into your Projector in a custome size/position window, download a copy of Flash Studio PRO and you can do this very easily! Infact, there is a flash browser example available (with FLA) at http://www.multidmedia.com/downloads

I hope this helps!

membrillo
    Thanks a lot! That was very helpful!
    Yor software seems to offer what I need too, so I have several questions if you have time...
    1- Will my proyector stop working when my trial copy expires??
    2- Apart from putting the actions below in my button, what else I have to do? (I mean, with the program itself)
    on (release) {
    if (file eq "") {
    fscommand("flashstudio.browsefile", "index.html");
    } else {
    fscommand("flashstudio.exec", "index.html");
    }
    }

(is there a better way to open the file with just one click instead of two?)

3- Do i have to include all my .swf files in the proyector or only the main stage? If affirmative, where must I do it? (in "files" or in "batch"?)

3- Do I have to put the files I want to open inside a folder called "fscommands"?

Sorry if they are too many questions.

Originally posted by handepora
    Will my projector stop working when my trial copy expires??
    The Trial version does not expire at all, you are free to use it free of charge for non-commercial work. If you plan to distribute or sell your Projector, then you can purchase a full version licence.
    is there a better way to open the file with just one click instead of two?
    If you just want to launch the HTML file in a browser window, all you need to do is use the following code:

_root.path = _root.fsp_appdir+"/myfile.html";
    fscommand("flashstudio.exec", "path");

If you would like to load the file directly into your browser, you need to use flashstudio.browserload - There is example code in the help file also
    Do i have to include all my .swf files in the projector or only the main stage? If affirmative, where must I do it? (in "files" or in "batch"?)
    You only pack the extra SWF's into the FILES tab if you want them to be compiled inside the projector. If you do this, then you must run the flashstudio.extract file of each packed file to extract them to the TEMP dir.

Alternatively, you can just compile a normal Porjector and distribute the SWF's along with it
    Do I have to put the files I want to open inside a folder called "fscommands"?
    Not at all! You can run and load files from any location!
    Sorry if they are too many questions.
    Not at all! Some other helpful resources which you might find useful are:

http://www.mdmforum.com - Flash Studio PRO Support Forums and Online Community
    http://www.multidmedia.com/downloads - Flash Studio PRO Downloads
    http://www.multidmedia.com/support/learning - Flash Studio PRO Tutorials

I hope this helps

Email us the files that you are having problems with and we will take a look here.

You can use JWeb which is free, to open an html file please look at the example files provided here in the FAQ

http://www.***********.com/?section=faq&cPath=28_42

Email us on support@***********.com if you have any further problems.

If all you want to do is open an html document from
    a flash projector exe

You can do it via creating a batch file and
    using that to open the page.

Here's how
    http://frets-files.com/html/modules/...php?storyid=26

Frets

membrillo
    Thanks to all for your help!
    Sadly...I still don't seem to get what I need.
    I don't want to give the impression that I use this forums as the EASY way to solve my problems...I've been doing a lot of research (creating a CDrom is completely new to me), but I need help again.
    Flash Studio Pro is a great tool, and may be I'll use it in the future. However, I feel that using batch files suits my needs better for the current proyect (my cd portfolio). I'd like to use the default Flash MX proyector, especially for the fact that I don't need to install a plugin in the viewer's machine.
    Anyway, my problem now is with batch files:

I have a button in flash with the actions:
    on (release) {
    fscommand("exec", "oval.bat");
    }
    ...and then I have "oval.bat"(inside a folder called "fscommand" in the same directory where my proyector is):

START index.html

From what I've read, this should work when testing my proyector but it doesn't and I don't know what am I missing. I only get a DOS windows and a message saying that index.html couldn't be found. I've tried putting index.html inside the "fscommand" folder, and also in the root directory together with my movie.exe and all the .swf, but it doesn't work in either case.
    I've read that I had to check "close on exit" in the properties of the .bat file, but that box doesn't exist (I'm running windows xp), and adding EXIT to the batch file did not work either.
    Where may be the problem?
    And also, will batch files open in front of or behind my proyector?
    Thanks

membrillo
    in fact, index.html couldn't be found because it doesn't exist...IT WAS INDEX.HTM...
    no comment...