A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flat logo on a cylinder?

Flat logo on a cylinder?

Hey all..

I'm taking a bunch of product shots for a promo company.. I've got to add the logos in photoshop.

Alot of the items are like coffe mugs or coolers and such.

Is there an easy way to make a logo look like it's sitting on a cylinder?

I havn't played with the photoshop 3D tool, so I'm not sure if it's already built in?

If I have to I can render the logo in 3D Studio as an Alpha layer then bring it back into photoshop, and do it that way, I just didn't feel like going through the trouble. I'd rather just do it in Photoshop.

Thanks.
    Sometimes....when it comes over me..... And I totally lose control......... I Like it.

www.visiontilt.com
    www.glamourdog.com
    www.caseyandcynthia.com

You could try using the 3D Transform tool/filter that is found under Filter>Render. Or you could also try the Distort>Spherize filter and set the mode to 'Horizontal Only'. This filter will have different effects depending on whether you apply it to the entire layer or if you have a selection around just you logo...play around with it until you get something that looks right.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

Why dont u just use the free transform tool (Ctrl+T) and then select the node u want to change pressing ctrl, u should be able to get the perspective u need, then is color and light to fit the product.

Dunno just a thought.