A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: A seperate Religion Forum within Fashkit?

A seperate Religion Forum within Fashkit?

I am a designer who happends to be an enthusiastic Christian too.

There have been many many arguments on Flashkit (which will never be resolved).

The thing is could we have a religious section on Flashkit so the religious people on here can pop over there and chat about what they are up to with God and then pop back for some good design related banter.

Also, it would be good for people who are generally curious to ask questions without being bombarded by atheists.

Just a thought. Pope de Flash has a similar thing.

I realise many will say "just go on a Christian forum site then", but there may be some here who enjoy just staying at Flashkit.

**Thinking outloud**

-----------------------------------
    Chris Green
    BREADLEGS :: DESIGN AGENCY

Sure, and ask the pope to be the mod for that forum, (the real pope)

The CL is enough.

But what about an after death forum where you can post after you died and let us know how's it like?

Fredi
    Mind Share Projects [ <- my latest projects ] [ my splash page -> ] Fredi Bach
    OS X Code (r,s) [ my Mac, web 2.0 and programming blog ]
    Not A Blog [ my personal weblog ]
    jMe Feed Aggregator [ my latest most famous project ]
    Web Command Line [ use the web like a real geek ]

Originally posted by Subway
    The CL is enough.

But what about an after death forum where you can post after you died and let us know how's it like?

Fredi
    That would be great
    -----------------------------------
    Chris Green
    BREADLEGS :: DESIGN AGENCY

Yeah i really wonder who would mod that one

Originally posted by phreakdevil
    Yeah i really wonder who would mod that one
    I more wonder which variable I have to set to make the board readable and especialy writeable by the afterlife peoples.

Fredi
    Mind Share Projects [ <- my latest projects ] [ my splash page -> ] Fredi Bach
    OS X Code (r,s) [ my Mac, web 2.0 and programming blog ]
    Not A Blog [ my personal weblog ]
    jMe Feed Aggregator [ my latest most famous project ]
    Web Command Line [ use the web like a real geek ]

no, flashkit is a flash developers site, off topic conversation are held in the coffee lounge, if we had a new forum for religion, we would have to have one for the war in iraq, right vs left, etc etc

flashkit would turn into a general discussion forum which it is not.

there are plenty of places on the net to discuss religion, current events, politics, etc. If it is that much of a problem to have the occassional religious discussion in the coffee lounge then the answer is to close all religious/current affairs threads instead, most of them end up being closed anyway.

sorry, but flashkit is not a general discussion board and there is no place for a religion forum, or a politics forum, or a war forum... it doesn't make any sense to me. Pope has one because it's his board and he is a religious man, a small independent board can do more to reflect the character of its administrator than a large corporate sponsored board like flashkit can.
    Last edited by aversion; 09-22-2003 at 07:40 AM.

the fact that "most end up closed" would indicate that this is a non starter
    "They're very much like scruffy pigs to look at, and they've got big, knobbly warts and lumps all over their long, hairy faces. They are very, very ugly indeed..."

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    Originally posted by Subway
    I more wonder which variable I have to set to make the board readable and especialy writeable by the afterlife peoples.

Fredi
    No more keyboards, it's Ouijaboards

No I can't do it by tommorow.. 1stbite's Avatar
    Originally posted by aversion
    no, flashkit is a flash developers site, off topic conversation are held in the coffee lounge, if we had a new forum for religion, we would have to have one for the war in iraq, right vs left, etc etc

flashkit would turn into a general discussion forum which it is not.

there are plenty of places on the net to discuss religion, current events, politics, etc. If it is that much of a problem to have the occassional religious discussion in the coffee lounge then the answer is to close all religious/current affairs threads instead, most of them end up being closed anyway.

sorry, but flashkit is not a general discussion board and there is no place for a religion forum, or a politics forum, or a war forum... it doesn't make any sense to me. Pope has one because it's his board and he is a religious man, a small independent board can do more to reflect the character of its administrator than a large corporate sponsored board like flashkit can.

hear hear....

(but still think an e-learning forum is needed... http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...hreadid=479024)
    and in a blink of an eye...
    Media and Multimedia Courses in Nottingham - First Diploma | IMedia | HND | Foundation Degrees | BA(Hons) Top Ups.

Give a Twit a chance!

Originally posted by 1stbite
    hear hear....

(but still think an e-learning forum is needed... http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...hreadid=479024)
    yah, the relevance of that is obvious, i've been petitioning for an app development forum

Kirupa.com has a forum for Politics, religion, "ordered talk" etc. Try posting there. I agree with Aversion, if we make exceptions, it will change the face of FK.

_
    You want to talk about religion on FLASHKIT?

Yea, the CL is good enough.

-Mike