A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quit smoking with hypnosis

Quit smoking with hypnosis

The day after tomorrow Im going to get hypnotized to quit smoking. Anyone having expirience with hypnosis..what is it like ? I was told that it feels like virtual reality

ms

PS ill let you know how it feel later of course.

ms

Good luck man, let us know how it goes.

Senior member? Thought you were a mod...
    Last edited by DigitalOne; 09-22-2003 at 07:43 PM.

Originally posted by DigitalOne

Senior member? Thought you were a mod...
    I think he went back to being just a member due to lack of time.

Hypnosis? Cool, yes, def. tell us the results!

Ask if you can get an audio recording of it and mp3 it up somewhere so we can hear it

I have an aunt and uncle that did the same thing, it works, it helps A LOT but u have to put a little of yourself into it or else youll end up smoking a few month later, they did after they went through a lot of stress (money and family problems) but it gets your quiting chances really high.

Good luck man

I had to get hypnosis to stop giong to FK. It didn't work

How much do procedures like this run for?

h
    On That Note Forums - 1200 members and counting...
    "...our focus remains on the music."

Please let us know about the results, I've been thinking about going to those hypno sessions to quit smoking but something stops me from going, hypnosis freaks me out, I've read about some hypnosis results and they dig out things you never knew they were there, even if you went to a hypnosis session for a different reason
    |"Silence teaches you how to sing"

Señor member
    I am pleased to report that I'm now on my 8th day of non smoking-ness. Sort of gone cold turkey with it, the patches don't give me the headrush I miss from not having a ciggie.

Still, went out on the lash last night, ended up in some awful club in town but didn't lapse and have a smoke so I rule

get ready for the sleepless nights and anger
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

grats James,

and good luck all, it's hard I know

No I can't do it by tommorow.. 1stbite's Avatar
    Mad-sci and Jamble700.

all I can say is good luck, hope you it works for you whichever way you decide to give up...

on hypno... only ever had experiance off stage shows... Laughed my head off at my mate who was tranced into believing he was gay and had a perticular fancy for a bloke in the audiance who must of been well into his 70's...poor guy couldn't get away from him....
    and in a blink of an eye...
    Media and Multimedia Courses in Nottingham - First Diploma | IMedia | HND | Foundation Degrees | BA(Hons) Top Ups.

Give a Twit a chance!

Good luck with the stopping smoking.

Stopped on Friday night, that's me up to about three and a half days. No patches or anything.

I read the Allan Carr book, which is (in my opinion) excellent. Tackles the way that smokers rationalise their smoking, and addresses the fear about giving up smoking.

I'm not suggesting it'll work for everybody, but if you've not seen it then it's worth a try. Is cheap at least!

Again, best of luck with it. It is a good thing!

K
    "Churchill! With his cigars, with his brandy, and his rotten painting! Rotten! Hitler, there was a painter. He could paint an entire apartment in one afternoon--two coats!" - Mel Brooks

why do people smoke in the first place... and then after a time they decide they need to quit...

** bangs hammer on the toe... "runs" and calls the doctor for help!! **

HA!

Nobody decides to become a smoker. It's nicotine addiction. Surprisingly easy to fall into. I got into fags through smoking pot. No problem stopping smoking pot, but by that time I was on fags. Anyway, better to have smoked and given up than to still be smoking.

K.
    "Churchill! With his cigars, with his brandy, and his rotten painting! Rotten! Hitler, there was a painter. He could paint an entire apartment in one afternoon--two coats!" - Mel Brooks

but before u started... u surely knew nictoine is gonna be addictive... din't you??
    but u still do... and then u suffer trying to quit!!

Dr. Hindsight strikes again....

Yeah, I thought I knew, but didn't realise the extent of it. I'm the first person to admit that it's stupid, it's that point of view that's helped me to stop.

It's easy from the outside to comment on how stupid it is to start. Once you've made that mistake then it's helluva difficult to get out of.

Anyway, being a non-smoker is fab .

K

it worked for my father-in-law about 10 years ago. he's a big huge old-school guy who doesn't beleive an any mumbo jumbo -- yet it still worked. ge gained 20 pounds and clucks like a chicken now, but he's not smoking

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Originally posted by nordberg
    He gained 20 pounds and clucks like a chicken now, but he's not smoking
    BUTTERBALL!!

I quit almost 5 years ago now, after smoking about a pack a day for 15 years - I started when I was about 15.

English ciggy prices and my wife, (then) girlfriend, hating smoking - and the patch - were all contributing factors to my success. You could even say that Gordon Brown actually helped me quit.

I never disliked it and I don't care if other people smoke around me, but if it wasn't just about the worst thing you can do to yourself, maybe I wouldn't have quit at all, but hey, that's already about a gazillion $'s I've saved.

Though even now, I still sometimes have dreams where I'm smoking.

Weird.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

I wonder how many guys give up ciggies on the basis of having a complaining partner! Certainly was a factor with me.

Funny you feel that you never disliked it. I really didn't like smoking in a lot of ways (financial, social, health) apart from the five minutes or so when I'd had a rush of nicotine.

Best bit is, stop smoking now, save all the potential cash and that'll be the family christmas presents sorted out!

K

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    I was primarily a cigarette smoker, but man, when I lived in the US, I had a friend of mine and we'd get together to watch (American) football games - he was a crazy Packers fan - and we'd get some good cigars and some beers in and scream at the TV for 3 hours.

There was a place on Walnut St in Philly, where the whole shop was a humidor and when you walked out on a hot day (after making your selections), you could see the steam coming off your clothes.

Yeah, I guess I still miss smoking. I sometimes think that if I'm ever alone in the future, maybe I'll start up again, just for the helluvit, but that's just morbid, I guess.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting