A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Simple Video editing questions!

Simple Video editing questions!

Hi,
    Let me start by saying that I have had Flash 5 since it came out, and I am still around the same point I was at when I made my first button.

Here's what I'm trying to do.
    I have an MP3 jukebox with my custom design interface, and I would like to have a custom video interface to do play music videos. Because I want the videos to look as real as possible, I want to match the voice with the songs.
    All I basically want to know is the best approach to go, the rest I can figure out.

Assuming my Video is on my HD in AVI format.

Should I:
    Use my video editing software like MGI photosuite to try to edit and match words with music, cut & edit and just use flash to stream the video, if that's possible.

or

Lay down an audio track in flash, then import my video images, and try to sync it that way. This way seems more tedious, but I just want a nice method to put to my madness.

Thanks to all who respond!

Hope this helps..?

I have tried this in many formats and the best way is to export your video from your 'video editing suite' as a QT moveis and import it in to flash. Trying to sync the video and audio is a nightmare and not worth it?
    Any problems let me know and i will try and help?

Macca

I don't think I have quicktime as an option.

I use mgi videowave 4, and I don't think that I have QT as an option. I will check when I get home. Thanks for the help!