A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Forms

Forms

Hi to All,

I am Trying to do a Form with Flash and at the end of the form the user clicks a Button and all the info in the textBoxes are e-mailed to the Website Administrator. Now, i am using A Static Text to describe the textbox (ie. Name) and Input text For the user to enter information in (ex. User enters Charles). The problem is when doing a Submit Button. i did the button as a movie but Cannot find an Option to Collect all the Data from the textBoxes in the page and E-mail them.

Example If i have 5 textboxes named A,B,c,D,E. I want to Create a Submit button to send all the information entered in all 5 Text boxes... ie A,B,C,D,E.

Can any one Help?

Best Regards
    Cikk

At first it helps to understand that when performing a get/post action via getURL, all the data (variables) in the timeline the button is sitting on are sent to the script.

If there are more variables in the timeline than the script can cope with, it would be advisable to store them in a different container movieclip which you could access lateron with a button action like

'container.getURL("http://www.ursite.com/script.php", "_self", "POST").'

However, if you're ok with the amount of data to be sent, skip the whole container thing, and strip it from the aformentioned commando.

Hope I could help, Pieli.

Answer

hi all,
    i found a small answer to my question but i still need your help...

on (release) {
    getURL("mailto:x@x.com?subject=Subject"+"&body="+a +" " +b, "", "POST");

}

This works BUT it will copy all the info into and email.. it pastes all the info in variable A & B into the E-mail. The only Thing i need now is the command to send the e-mail automatically without Pretending the user to click send.

Cikk