A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: cd downloads

cd downloads

hi,

i'm currently putting a cd together as a .exe, with a download section of various screensavers, wallpapers etc... but i can't seem to get them to download off the cd, there in a seperate folder called 'assets', and i've tried linking to them with the extension .exe and .zip, is there a way to do this as i'm nearing my deadline.
    cheers if you can help

ive tried using fscommands and this won't work
    Last edited by Gaz F; 09-24-2003 at 11:36 AM.

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    If you use getURL, you can start a "download". That should work fin for either EXE or ZIP files. Assuming that the assets folder is off the root of the CD, something like getURL("/assets/file.zip") should do the trick.

cheers, i've gave that a wizz, but it won't start downloading, is this due to the cd not been in a browser. i have managed to get a .exe to work but not the zips which i really need to download off the cdrom on to the computer. if you have any ideas or know of a really cheap or free package to make installers that would be great.

Originally posted by Gaz F
    if you have any ideas or know of a really cheap or free package to make installers that would be great.
    http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

thanks alot, i had to produce the cd a different way due to the deadline. but it will help for the future, thanks again.