A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think of Flash 2004?

I had no problem changing from MX to MX 2004, the real problem was when i changed from FLASH 5 to FLASH MX.. It was so different
    One thing i dont like too much about MX 2004 is the lack of menu button. Like the insert>convert to symbol is GONE!!!
    Good thing i know my key shortcuts!
    What's a siggy?
    /oh...

Flashkit's personal pest flashpest's Avatar
    WOW- Is it true that Flash 2004 will not run on Windows ME???

Why are you acting so surprised? Windows doesnt even support ME anymore.

Originally posted by fospher.com
    Why are you acting so surprised? Windows doesnt even support ME anymore.
    What? I have not had any problems with ME

are you kidding me? ME just downright blows - dont even get me started on it. There was an article someone posted a little while ago - that M$ doesnt support the OS anymore, i cant find it though...

Originally posted by fospher.com
    are you kidding me? ME just downright blows - dont even get me started on it. There was an article someone posted a little while ago - that M$ doesnt support the OS anymore, i cant find it though...

I like ME. I think its good & haven't had problems with it. ME that is. When you say it blows - what blows about it? It never crashes. Leave ME alone!

Well my friend just had to buy a new 80gig hard drive cause ME screwed it up the ass.
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

You did "WHAT" to your friend????

Have anybody find it annoying that by installing flash player 7, you need to restart your computer?

you have to restart your computer when you do most other updates, so i dont see that this one matters.

can someone explain to me more about the boot sector writting.
    what exactly does this mean... as im not sure i want to upgrade now.

and i would be interested to know wether MM have made it clear to people buying the product that they are writting to critical parts of a computers system.

i get the feeling thier sales would drop however...
    fishpiracy
    ...The Eror Group...
    Rockdirect base, 17" laptop.
    core duo 2.3ghz 512mb graphics
    2gb ram 80gb hdd +goodies.

crashes = unuseable. i have to downgrade until update or cure

if you use mac osx 10.2.8 like i do to develop flash sites do not upgrade. but i suppose it is possible that all these problems i am having are just happening to me. we'll see if anyone else says that they share my pain.

problems:

crashes randomly when clicking above timeline. i wanted to move that panel that was below the timeline back to its old location so i didn't have to mouse so far. crash

crashes after copy pasting a few layers.

crashes after trying to click and drag a bitmap to move it

same crash after trying to option copy a button. (thought that might work no copy paste, nope)

the crashes are all sorta progressive. the first hint is something happens slow, then the beach ball, if you try again without restarting flash it gives you the ball forever. sometime crashing all together. sometimes restarting flash isn't enough, i have to restart the whole computer.

when i close the test movie window the help menu jumps on top of my authoring file. i have to close it to do anything. that's a pain.

i'm downgrading. i tried this for days its a joke.

if i were you i would not upgrade till they make the program useable.

all the nice new features are useless if the thing crashes.

please post if you have had success getting a refund for flash mx 2004 pro or know how to.

please post if you think it is all me, not mx

please post if you have the same problems.

thanks

Developer
    The Bluegrass State Will Flash For Food ™

Re: crashes = unuseable. i have to downgrade until update or cure

Originally posted by grish
    please post if you think it is all me, not mx
    I think it's all you

You bought it and now you want a refund?

I have G4 OS 10.2.8. I have no crashes so far with MX2004 but I had regular crashes on my old G3 OS9.1 with the old MX. It's your machine. May be reinstall your system.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

hmm, fresh mx on fresh osx, same problems

anyone have a clue why i would have the same crashing problems on a fresh system osx 10.2.8, with a fresh download from macromedia of flash mx 2004 pro, if it wasnt the software?

strange. very strange. dont know what else to try. kinda suprised i dont see more peeps complaining. but, what else can one do than the above?

thanks if you have anything useful to add y'all
    Last edited by grish; 10-29-2003 at 11:36 PM.

more see link, beware 10.2.8 users

i have this post running here

if you use 10.2.8 you should read befor upgradeing to mx 2004

cancerinform, see if you can crash your flash with the tests i posted there if you want

http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...57#post2652157

thanks

Originally posted by robbmcaulay
    Well my friend just had to buy a new 80gig hard drive cause ME screwed it up the ass.
    Well, I had just bought a brand new 40 gig HDD and guess what?! A FRIEND (not anymore) of mine advised me to use Windows PC Crasher ME ...er..oops...I mean...Windows ME...and in a month....my hard disk looked like this...

o_O

*God....damn the amount of money I saved up to get that drive*

I don't know could it be microsoft? I mean...did they really have to come up with such an OS?! Forget patches, this thing needs bandages to get on the roll!
    Last edited by nizamm; 11-04-2003 at 03:11 PM.
    What's that? You haven't seen my site yet?? Here you go - Click Me!

I used ME briefly and never had problems with it.
    I guess I was lucky.

Chris
    http://www.**********-dms.com

I’m a little baffled as to why the new video components don’t seem to like reloading extra video clips (blank screen anyone??) Which is a shame because the streaming flv`s are great both for the web and CD-rom (no more waiting for clips to fully load from a CD)
    There seems to be a couple of backwards compatibility issues with stuff produced in flash 6 but played with the seven plugin, (video drag bars don’t seem to work anymore) I’m getting used to having to type code out by hand, which is great once you get used to it.
    Not sure about the PowerPoint presentation type templates, Whereas PowerPoint seems to be aimed squarely at people who have no coding skills, I presume most people who use flash could code enough to get a presentation together without the use of templates, seems like this version is maybe been aimed at a slightly different “painting by numbers market”
    On the whole though, I think it’s great….

I recently had a problem with one of my components, which is using the old MX listbox. I had to replace it with the new 2004 listbox, which however uses a different syntax. Some of the former syntax for the listbox for example just does not exist any more. I think the jump from MX to 2004 without any warnings was a bit too dramatic. It will keep people away from actually using it because many web sites have to be redone with new actionscript etc.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

I haven't upgraded to 2004 yet, but Mike (and everyone else), let me give you a little perspective from someone that runs a design studio and is on the outside of all of this. The risk vs. reward here seems to weigh more on the risk side. My studio runs about as many PC's as we do Mac's (OS X), and we build primarily all of our Flash applications on Mac these days. From the feedback I'm gathering here, I'm not really willing to take the risk of incorporating what seems to be a buggy upgrade. The new features seem very nice, but do these new features allow me to build applications that I otherwise could not have built in MX? That doesnt seem to be the case. Until I see an overwhelming acceptance of the product, as opposed to half love it/half think it's buggy, I'm going to sit on the sideline and wait until the kinks get ironed out. At this point It seems too risky to upgrade to a product that might not peform at a level we are used to seeing. We don't want to have to deal with bugs when we have deadlines we need to meet for our clients. We definitely don't want to risk losing and entire project that's 2,3,4 weeks into production. I'm confident we'll upgrade at some point, but now doesnt seem to be that time. I hope this helps to understand those that are on the fence.

-dave