A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Please help with draggin' and other very few question

Talking

Hi, I'm pretty new to this, but Flash is now my favourite game and this site offers the best way of learning! (thanks!)Now I learned something about trails from Flash Kit tutorial but I want more! How can I make the mouse drag more than one symbol, or make the trail stop with a click? I tried to study Fla on this site, but they're so full of stuff, and sometimes even things that have nothing to do with the trail itself, I deleted some symbols and it worked all the same... any suggestion?
    Also: Is there any book I can get to learn the code you use for actions in flash? and I wonder does this code have a name? like html or java,..
    Thank you in advance,..

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

The un officail name of the script is "action script" At the moment there is no real books out there. the best to learn it I have found is the actions script project the "grand Master Flash" has on www.were-here.com

To answer the first question you need to make a button that has a command that tells the movie to stop drag operation and
    have a command to set the x and y property of the first movie clip.

You can change what is being dragged on the screen by changing the content of each of the movie clips. I think there is seven different clips used in the example. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Smile

Thanks for answering, I checked the site you suggested and I found other fla to work on.
    thank you again.
    Lu